• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CAN IT GET ANY WORSE ?

debbieb

Hi everyone,
can it get any worse ?....as people will know, i have had trouble moving through the post op eating stages, and i am currently stuck on pureed at the moment !!!...it's now 7 weeks post op, and my sick note from work run out on the 31st january and i went onto annual leave, i am sheduled to go back on the 24th feb, but thanks to the doctor who discharged me from hospital and forgot to tick the box which said wether they needed to assess my fitness for work , my work wont let me back till the surgeon ticks the box !!!!!....
and my surgeon wont tick the box till i have a barium swallow on the 29th feb !!!!.....talk caught in the middle !!!.....CAN IT GET ANY WORSE !!!!

oh dear..bug hugs xx

Can you not give the surgeons secretary a ring and see if she can get the swallow done sooner for you ((((hug)))).

thanks everyone,
by the way, it's the surgeon's secretary that managed to get the barium swallow that quick for me !!....i have spoke to her today and she is going to speak to my surgeon in the morning to see if there is anything he can do, otherwise i have to go back on sick leave !!!. xx

If you think your fit for work your doctor can fill in a fit for work certificate, i got one when i went back a week early as work would not let me come back otherwise. My doctor asked me a few questions and agreed with me that i was fit for work. At least your work are covered then.
Kim

If you think your fit for work your doctor can fill in a fit for work certificate, i got one when i went back a week early as work would not let me come back otherwise. My doctor asked me a few questions and agreed with me that i was fit for work. At least your work are covered then.
Kim
hi,
i went to my gp on tuesday and he said NO !!!!!!, he would not sign a certificate, and that my surgeon was suppose to tick a box on my original sick note that i was given when i was discharged from hospital saying wether he needed to assess or not assess my fitness for work, and both boxes were left blank !!!!!!....so, i am in limbo !! ALL I WANT TO DO IS GO BACK TO WORK !!!!!...

What a pain in the butt, it would have been so much easier for your doctor to do it. Have you had any joy from the secetary yet?
Kim

what a pain in the ass

What a pain in the butt, it would have been so much easier for your doctor to do it. Have you had any joy from the secetary yet?
Kim
hi kim,
i have all but given up hope !!...i tried to phone mr ahmed's secratary this morning and she didn't answer, so i got cheeky and phoned the other surgeon's secratary (who is a lovely lady, very helpful ),and she promised to pass a message on but by 4.00pm i still had not had a call....so i spent half an hour repeatedly calling his secratary but no answer !!...i have got work on my back wanting to know if my shifts need covering, i've got my gp wanting to know if i need a sick note writing, if my surgeon wants me on sick, then as from wednesday my wages drop to half pay......and i wouldn't mind but his secretary said that SHE WOULD PHONE ME !!!!!!

Did you manage to speak to any one today?
Kim
hi kim,
GOOD NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......after 2 phone calls to mr ahmed's secretary,i finally got a call back !..i have struck a deal with the surgeon (lol)..he has said that i can return to work !....on 1 condition, that i increase my fluid intake coz at the moment i am only managing about 1 1/2 pints a day, which is obviously way under what i should be on, and i am at risk of serious dehydration!....(fortunatly i start back on night shifts, coz i work in a home for disabled adults, and they will all be in bed, so the work won't be as stressfull ) xxx

That's gr8 news xxx

As someone who is struggling with intake 9 weeks post sleeve surgery I know how you are feeling about not being able to move on.

I had a barium swallow 2 weeks ago which has shown some issues with the hernia repair and I am still refluxing which they think is what has caused me to vomit if I have anything more formed than soup or yoghurt. I was started on Metoclopramide last week when I got my results through and yesterday I managed to eat 1/2 a fish cake with chopped tinned tomatoes for lunch and for dinner had 1/2 children's size cottage pie (Annabel Karmel - 2 for £4 in Sainsburys at the moment and don't taste like baby/toddler food, actually have some flavour!!) for supper.

Keep hanging in there until your swallow at the end of the month and fingers crossed the results show something that can be easily addressed!!

Tatiana

thank you tatania,
its nice to here that there is light at the end of the tunnel....even if that tunnel is long and winding !...must admit, it's starting to get me down now, out of frustration i try various foods, knowing fine dam well that they are going to make me sick !!!, but i do it any way thinking that maybe it is me, am i imagining all this, i should be eating by now etc, but then 10 minutes later i am sick, tonight for example, i only had mushroom soup,but i have been sick twice already !!!xx

Back