• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having op Jan 5th NO not THAT ONE

Linski

Hi all,
I went to see the surgeon yesterday about my leg and ankle and this is the plan.

I go in for operation Jan 5th he is going to remove all debris and clean knee up and have agood look around. At the same time he is going to do 'stretch xrays an my ankle. This is where they bend the ankle until it comes out of socket to see tendons and how they are strtched/damaged. He is going to shave a bit off here and there on my ankle and tidy things up.

Then he said I need a bigger op to repair the ankle which will be 6 weeks in plaster and 3 months in a boot. Said this is a big op with long recovery period.

Happy days eh? What with wls pending in 2011 too, I am well stressed.

Linski xxx

o nooooo its a big year for you then, by the end of it you ll be a new woman tho! good luck xx

Linski, providing ur other ops are well spaced apart I think you will be amazed at your resilience
I've had two ops since September both big operations plus iv been in & out of hospital as an I patient very ill it has taken many weeks inbetween to recover & to this day I'm still recovering since my most recent operation..
I have my pre assessment in 4 weeks then January wls I'm willing myself to get better & you will too.
I know our bodys will heal in their own time but taking it easy & slow be good to urself & with wls a new life to look forward to I believe this will help, I'm sure it's helping me ;).
It will be stressful but plan ahead as much as possible to help urself . Then once one op is done & dusted
You can then prepare with care of course for the next.
Iv done exactly what my body as asked for & that's sleep n rest lots...:)
Take care Hun .
Hugs xb

Back