• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG

Awenlock

Well as the title might suggest I am a little in shock at the moment, I had my surgery date of Nov 1st given to me over the phone by my surgeons secretary.

During my pre op I made friends with a lovely lady also having gastric bypass, I have been keeping in touch via Facebook, she was given a date of 20th september but only given 10 days notice and as she couldn't get that time off work she had to phone up and ask for a reschedule. the secretary told her she would have to shuffle her diary.

This was 2 weeks ago, now me being me, have had a slight niggle of worry which has increased day by day waiting for a letter to arrive.

Today I phoned the secretary and she said, oh we have had to reschedule yr op, is 18th October ok for you??
I can't believe it, I have everything planned, a holiday, my Christmas shopping and everything....lol time to get my notebook out and start cramming 6 weeks worth of stuff into four!!!

On the plus side I come back off holiday on the 3rd October and have to start my liver shrinkage diet on the 4th.

I have so many feelings rushing thru me at the min, excitement of course that it will be done quicker, apprehension, fear which is to be expected, and of course Shock... But also a little bit of annoyance that the secretary doesn't let people know until 10 days before op which is 4 days late for the 14 day milk diet.
It's a blimmin good job I phoned is all I can say.

Sorry if this comes across a little strange, I talk fast when emotional but can't write quick enough....

Good luck for the 18/10 :):):):) You will be well on the way to the new you by the time your original op date rolls around xx :):):)

Thanks everyone, have rewritten all my dates etc in my diary, and started getting my bag ready, am really excited and scared at the same time, glad I get to have my holiday before my full milk diet, am on a semi milk diet now but will be having a couple of treats on holiday, not going mad but hey, am sure an ice cream and a small fish n chips won't do too much harm....lol

Woohoo awenlock, great news, good luck :) xxx

Well it's happened again. They have moved my date forward, secretary phoned this morning and my new op date is 15th October which is a Saturday. She said I can still start my milk diet on the 4th after my holiday, which is good. I can't believe it, don't know wether I am coming or going...lol.

Think I need to buy a new diary as I have to scribble everything out again for the second time...lol xx

Gosh if this keeps happening, you will have had it yesterday ... :eek::eek:
It is good news ... what does a new diary matter, lol ... good luck, hun xx :):)

Blimey! Good luck! :-D How exciting!

omg lol wtg :) xxx

Good Luck for your op, its the best thing I ever did, you'll feel the same soon, Karen x

Congratulations on getting your op date and

Rooting for your journey to be a happy one xxxxx

Back