• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Omg !!!

maxine kim

Hi everyone , I'm so scared now one more week and I'm having my band ,I'am exited too but my dad fell over yesterday and broke his hip he having a op today at 75 , so worried after loosing my mum last year was unbearable for us all that why I finally decided to do this ,she was
Over weight for years so this why I'm having it ,

She had a heart attack & a stroke and I don't want that , iv lost 8 members of my family in 18 months its been hell so dad falling now is just another thing to deal with ,:(
But now I'm in two minds to write my boys letters just incase ? I know I'll be ok but after all this sadness and bad luck over the last couple of years , or am I just feeling sorry for myself ;( sorry to share this with u all but my family are so worried about me having this done my husband says it will all be ok that's easy for him to say lol
I know he means well ;) bless him after putting up with me this last week on milk & yogurt diet he a saint haha ;) thank for listening x

Oh Lovely, what an awful couple of years you've had. This is a new beginning for you though. Take it with both hands and squeeze the living daylights out of it. I wrote letters to both of my children which I left with my husband 'just in case' but that is just me. It's not a silly thing to do. You will be absolutely fine but if it puts your mind at rest it's the thing to do. Just don't tell the rest of the family that you have written them as it would be awful for the children to have that worry.

So sorry to hear about your Dads fall and broken hip. What a rotten time for it to happen. Still think how much healthier you will be in a few months times to help him out and look after him.

Take Lovely.

Kate x

Mrs Quiggle said:
Oh Lovely, what an awful couple of years you've had. This is a new beginning for you though. Take it with both hands and squeeze the living daylights out of it. I wrote letters to both of my children which I left with my husband 'just in case' but that is just me. It's not a silly thing to do. You will be absolutely fine but if it puts your mind at rest it's the thing to do. Just don't tell the rest of the family that you have written them as it would be awful for the children to have that worry.

So sorry to hear about your Dads fall and broken hip. What a rotten time for it to happen. Still think how much healthier you will be in a few months times to help him out and look after him.

Take Lovely.

Kate x

Thank you Kate , glad I'm not the only one I will right letters I don't want to be a drama queen , but after loosing mum I so wished she had written letters to my brother sister and me just would have loved to know if she was proud of me silly really thanks again x

Im so sorry for all you've been through . . .family health and history was also something which played a part in having my band, although it has actually taken me 7 years of thinking and researching. My biggest barrier was the fact I have a severe fear of anaesthetic and those feelings of not waking up afterwards and being there for my son weighed heavily on me.

I chose my provider and surgeon, specifically as they had a zero % mortality rate in surgery and with the band and this was really important to me as a single parent.

I actually had my will drawn up in the days before I went into have my band fitted. I also had a special photobook made for my son with lots of various family photos and messages in. And then, I also wrote a letter to be given to my son if anything should happen, I actually took all of it with me into hospital so that it was there and no-one had to search to find any of this stuff if anything had of happened.

Being told "you'll be fine", doesnt wash when you have those genuine fears. Yes I am fine and yes all went well, but I also know that those fears will still be there if I have to have surgery again.

My mum created a photo album for me, and also started to write a note in a card before she passed, she created a memory box for my son. Those things were something that really helped me after her passing, and I wanted my son to have something in a similar way if anything should have happened.

Its not daft, its not crazy, and while I sat there in floods of tears writing to him again the morning of my surgery after they'd left me at the hospital, for me it was the right thing to do :)

top_kat said:
Im so sorry for all you've been through . . .family health and history was also something which played a part in having my band, although it has actually taken me 7 years of thinking and researching. My biggest barrier was the fact I have a severe fear of anaesthetic and those feelings of not waking up afterwards and being there for my son weighed heavily on me.

I chose my provider and surgeon, specifically as they had a zero % mortality rate in surgery and with the band and this was really important to me as a single parent.

I actually had my will drawn up in the days before I went into have my band fitted. I also had a special photobook made for my son with lots of various family photos and messages in. And then, I also wrote a letter to be given to my son if anything should happen, I actually took all of it with me into hospital so that it was there and no-one had to search to find any of this stuff if anything had of happened.

Being told "you'll be fine", doesnt wash when you have those genuine fears. Yes I am fine and yes all went well, but I also know that those fears will still be there if I have to have surgery again.

My mum created a photo album for me, and also started to write a note in a card before she passed, she created a memory box for my son. Those things were something that really helped me after her passing, and I wanted my son to have something in a similar way if anything should have happened.

Its not daft, its not crazy, and while I sat there in floods of tears writing to him again the morning of my surgery after they'd left me at the hospital, for me it was the right thing to do :)

Thank u so much Kat I will do like you said i'll take them to hospital with me , so they would get them if something went wrong I'm so scared
As iv never had anaesthetic before and as the days get nearer I'm little more scared ,I think is all that happen loosing so many of my very close family has made it worse , and my dad braking his hip yesterday was not good ,, sometimes I think how much more can I take but my boys keep me strong :)
but some good news my dad had his hip op today and is well just off to see him now thanks again :) 7 days to go ;) & having it done at Dolan park x Maxine x

Glad to hear that your dads had his op . . .wishing him a speedy recovery. . .but also hope that you find some "me" time during all this going on too . . .what a difficult time you've had.

Kat x

Oh am sorry to hear about ur dad and ur family

I did write letters for hubbie and my sons just incase and left them in my clothes drawed ,

Just incase anythink did happened but I new it would not but made me feel better knowing I did write it.

Lisa x x

lisa1983 said:
Oh am sorry to hear about ur dad and ur family

I did write letters for hubbie and my sons just incase and left them in my clothes drawed ,

Just incase anythink did happened but I new it would not but made me feel better knowing I did write it.

Lisa x x

Thanks Lisa , on the up side iv lost 12 lb in seven days on milk s yogurt diet woohoo only 6 more days to go for my op but I will be writing letters for my boys just incase ;) x

maxine kim said:
Thanks Lisa , on the up side iv lost 12 lb in seven days on milk s yogurt diet woohoo only 6 more days to go for my op but I will be writing letters for my boys just incase ;) x

Wow that amazing 12lb v pleased for u

Lisa x x

Wow you certainly have been through the mill :( so sorry to hear about your family loss's. Just wanted to say good luck for your op. xx

rickysmrs said:
Wow you certainly have been through the mill :( so sorry to hear about your family loss's. Just wanted to say good luck for your op. xx

Hi , thank u so much yes it's been a s**t couple of years but its made me realize I don't want to be like this anymore & my uncle died this feb and left me some Money so that was it I thought I want my life back so in a way he done that for me by funding my band god bless him :) & only 6 days to go yay !!! Thanks again x

Back