• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wot happened before my surgery :)

Tray3004

Well I arrived at spire Macc for 7.30 as planned was booked in taken to my room unpacked got my gown my stockings on :) the anethatist came for a chat then my surgeon they told me i was 2nd on the list around 9.40 my nurse came In my room n walked me to theatre the 2 men that I met in there were lovely helped they me relax lay me on the bed had a natter then put my cannula in the magic juice n I was relaxed :) the mask came on my face I remember nothin more than wakin up in my room in agony lol the wind pain was agony I don't think I expected it to be as bad as it was I slept the day away then around 7 o'clock I woke up had a shower n got a clean nighty on straight bk to bed n slept on n of all night :) next morning I woke got the bp n oxygen of I was a free woman lol so had a shower clean pjs n down to X-ray for my barium swollow I was very swollen so it never went down very well so they said wait 30 mins n try again this continued 4 times then luckily it flowed threw n I was allowed to drink :) so I spent all yesterday sippin my nas juice and they said I cud cum home 2day :) so I was up n showered for 6 bag packed n on my way home for 7.45 :) I feel fine still alot of wind pain but I'm sure it will settle down now I'm home I'm gonna sip sip sip n walk a little often :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Great news. Peppermint tea helped my wind pain. Try and rest though and just takene step at a time. And be kind to yourself. X

I will Hun other half gonna go get me sum peppermint tea n sum sugar free calpol as they've sent me home with dissolvable co codymol n not a chance I can stomach them lol I'm lay on sofa wiv my cover on takin it easy :) xx

wow what a star in the hospital you recoverd fast good on you, now you are home take care and sip sip sip, make sure you get the suger free calpol or the solvedine melts they have ibruprofen in and help with the swelling they gave me them in hospital with the codine they are easy to tolirate, your bum is well and truly on the loosers bench now tray. xxxxx

Why r all the hospitals so very different it's wierd?

Why r all the hospitals so very different it's wierd?

It is strange that everyone's different, went into surgery at 6pm on Tuesday out at 8pm. I had a drip in each shoulder, one in hand and one in arm. The shoulder ones came out yesterday, the arm one this morning and the hand one tonight! I didn't have any swallow test, was sipping water from maybe midnight and milk shakes and soups today!
I was ment to stay in until tomorrow but they let me out today!

Hope everyone's feeling good!

Vicky x

It is strange that everyone's different, went into surgery at 6pm on Tuesday out at 8pm. I had a drip in each shoulder, one in hand and one in arm. The shoulder ones came out yesterday, the arm one this morning and the hand one tonight! I didn't have any swallow test, was sipping water from maybe midnight and milk shakes and soups today!
I was ment to stay in until tomorrow but they let me out today!

Hope everyone's feeling good!

Vicky x

Wierd isn't it? Which op did u have? See u were both done before me the last time I looked at the clock when I was put under it was 645pm and next thing I remember I was in the recovery and saw it was 1035pm.
You in any pain?

Tray,

If there is one locally get your other half to go to Tesco's pharmacy to get their 6+ paracetamol syrup. It's sugar free and doesn't taste too bad. Bonus is that it's a lot cheaper than the Calpol branded stuff and comes in a decent sized bottle!!

Tatiana

Wierd isn't it? Which op did u have? See u were both done before me the last time I looked at the clock when I was put under it was 645pm and next thing I remember I was in the recovery and saw it was 1035pm.
You in any pain?

I had a bypass, I walked down to theatre at 6pm and when they woke me up in recovery the clock said 8.10pm and about 5 mins later the fire alarm went off!

Once I was back in my room I was quite alert and everyone said I looked great! I was walking by 11pm and not in much pain at all, it felf like period pain but obviously higher up.

Didn't get much sleep as my pulse machine kept bleeping all night and the nurse didn't know how to silence it.

I was in the shower at 6am walking around etc, by about 9am the nurse let me sleep until about 12ish but I really started feeling quite rough sickness etc. They said it was probably the morphine.

On Thursday I was woken at 6.30, walked about loads, had breakfast (banana milkshake) but by 9 I was flagging again so had a nap then got up showered etc and went for a walk around the grounds, after my chicken soup lunch and more walking I had another little nap.
The nurse came in about 4pm and said I could go home after the dr had been so I was home by about 8ish and in my bed a few mins later!!

When I got up this morning I looked at all the meds and cried, I couldn't remember what to take when why and how but I rang the hospital talked them through and feel better about them now.
My upper tummy is uncomfortable, I can't burp. I've taken pain killers once today but I'll probably take more before bed.

So far not too bad, I hope it's the same for you and tray.

Vicky x

So glad you are both home ok ( other than wind of course)

Can you have gripe water after a bypass?

well done to both of you

Tks ladies I honestly feel great not had any pain as such it's wind driving me mad lol I went tesco for gripe water n sum tegaderm cudnt get either they didnt have any so ive got my uncles funeral in the morning so after that ill nip in town to boots or asda i did get calpol 6plus so I'm gonna try that 2nite for bed see if I sleep a little better each time I breath hard it hurts so think it cud be a bit of swelling xx

Wind pain doesn't sound pleasant, I have wind but luckily I have no pain it just comes out lol, woke up laying on my stomach this morning but all is good no pain. The flipping stockings r giving me more pain than anything I hate them and the pain killers r rank so mixing it with vimto and it tastes a tiny bit better.

Can I ask what have u been eating?

Tray3004 said:
Tks ladies I honestly feel great not had any pain as such it's wind driving me mad lol I went tesco for gripe water n sum tegaderm cudnt get either they didnt have any so ive got my uncles funeral in the morning so after that ill nip in town to boots or asda i did get calpol 6plus so I'm gonna try that 2nite for bed see if I sleep a little better each time I breath hard it hurts so think it cud be a bit of swelling xx

My thoughts and love are with your family (((hugs))) xxx

Wind pain doesn't sound pleasant, I have wind but luckily I have no pain it just comes out lol, woke up laying on my stomach this morning but all is good no pain. The flipping stockings r giving me more pain than anything I hate them and the pain killers r rank so mixing it with vimto and it tastes a tiny bit better.

I've been having a nesquick milkshake for breakfast and half a tin of chicken soup for lunch and the other half for dinner. I'm a bit scared to try things to be honest! After each 'meal' ive been walking for about 15mins to help with the wind and I've been trying to drink all the water but I'm struggling!!

How about you?

Vicky x

Welldone all you lovely ladies, sounds like you are all on your way i had the bypass think you may know that by now i had fair bit of wind pain i went down before 9am for my op n came bak bout 12.40pm was up n about by 5pm wind lock but not too bad home 2 days after no bario=um swallow think we must av ad that done in surgery because we had bluey grey stains round our mouths like smurfs where it had leaked out a bit but other than that i was tip top bit bdiscomfort getting settled in bed but never looked back once getting home keep up the good work xx enjoy being losers not many can say that and mean it haha x

Fuffs said:
My thoughts and love are with your family (((hugs))) xxx

Ty hun xx

vickylou said:

I must be honest I've hardly wore mine :-( not a good girl lol but tbh they did say only had to wear them a few hrs durin the day so I've sun that at least xx

vicky x said:
I've been having a nesquick milkshake for breakfast and half a tin of chicken soup for lunch and the other half for dinner. I'm a bit scared to try things to be honest! After each 'meal' ive been walking for about 15mins to help with the wind and I've been trying to drink all the water but I'm struggling!!

How about you?

Vicky x

I've been having 2cups of tea in the morning then a slim fast for bfast manage about half then dinner a milky bar yogurt which isn't the best choice but I love I'm lol then tea been a sml pot low fat rice pud or custard managing bout half sips of water n juice all day then milky coffee before bed xxx

Back