• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On My Way (maybe)

Mister

Hi everyone
I went to my GP today to start the ball rolling.
As I am aged 63 with some weight related health issues including type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure & sleep apneoh? I was not sure if I would get help from the NHS? He said he was not fully up to date with the funding criteria but would find out for me and if I qualified he would put me forward. One thing he did suggest was for me to see a consultant privately £150-200, and any recommendation he made should make it easier for him to get me funding.
I trust my GP he's the very best and I am sure of his support if its in my best interest. I told him I will let him know on monday.
I am sure I have read somewhere that I can get free consultation with a WLS surgeon to find out what options are best for me.
Any help or advice will be greatfully recieved.

Hey,
My Mum was around your age and had all of the weight related health issues that you listed and she was given the sleeve gastrectomy.
I would try and get a free consultation before forking out your own cash.
The key to success is persistence. I was like a Bulldog with a bone until I got the help that I needed. lol

Aww brilliant Mister I am pleased for you and fingers crossed all will fine for you and you get the funding :D
Kaz
x

I'm pleased you got a positive reaction from your GP.

I don't know about all areas but there a friend of my mother's had a bypass last year which, knowing how old her son is, would make her early 60s.

HI,Mister,,,that's great positive news,,,,,,,look at weight loss providers in your area,,my company was Surgicare. They are part of the hospital group,,,they will do a free consultation for you ,I had my surgery at Dolan park Birmingham, there will be other providers in your area for you to contact .ring them up , book a consultation , they will tell you if you would be a good candidate for surgery once you tell them your medical history ect , ect , then go back to your doctor and tell him her what they said .Good luck on your journey .Rubyred15

Back