• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SURGEONS DECISION

BlueDiamond

Hi all

As most of you know I went for my surgeons decision today, and I was as nervous as hell.

I saw the bariatric dietician today (2 appointments in 1 to save time I was told)as well before I saw the surgeon and she took all my particulars down , co morbidities etc. After a long chat she said should would give her recommendation to the surgeon and tell him if I am eligable for wls (she sed yes, but surgeons final answer wot counts) anyhow I waited outside the surgeons room and he got called away to surgery , when he came back the Bariatric Dietician showed him my notes and her recommendation (which was a bypass btw :eek:) after a long chat with the surgeon he sed YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D:D:D:D:D:love047::love047::love047::love047:

I am dumfounded I never ever thought he would give it too me , he even gave me the choice of bypass or band (I chose band) and he showed me the band and told me all wot the surgery details etc ( as if I didnt know already, lol) and then mentioned he would apply for funding asap, I asked him how long funding would take and he sed within 1-2 weeks:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
However the actual waiting for the surgery is somewhat long (like I care , lol) I asked about if I would get funding and he sed with my comorbidities and bmi he does not anticipate and problem as he has never been refused funding before, he told me he would write down all the pro's for me and fight for funding (if neccessary)also He sed as soon as funding is agreed he would send me an appointment to go in and sign papers etc and would be done shortly after that .........Oh guys I am so bl**dy over the moon, more then you could possibly know, I just didnt think lady luck would be shining down on me (had a lot of bad luck recently, even car blew up when I tried to drive home:sigh:) Thank you all for your support (and liz's thread this am) Looks like I am going to be around for a long time - whoopie doo ! !

Thanks in advance for reading - MeJulie :D:D:D:D:D

yay go girl yippeeee. xx

yay chick thats brill news woop woop im so happy for you i bet your on cloud nine i was when i knew i was getin op love n hugs lin.x

woohoo, so your a bit excited hey ???
So its a band ?
x

Aww Julie thats brilliant news im sooo over the moon for you congratulations hun, excellent news xxxx

Liz x

Oh Jul that is wonderful that's the best news i've heard in a long time. I know how much you have wanted this for such a long time and you are so deserving of getting you op at long last. You are a true weight loss supportor to all who come and go and your pictures and wise words are so uplifting to everyone.

Will keep on sending you hugs and fairy dust until that day you are firmly planted on the losers bench at long and deserving last xx

Brilliant News!

:talk017::talk017:

I think your case shows that one should never give up hope!:hug99:

Congrats hun thats fab news soon ur be taking ur place on the losers bench xx

Great news hun - fingers crossed for your funding xx

Woohooo!!! Mega congrats!! :happy096: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer:

Woohoohoo well done hun!! So pleased for you!! Does that mean you'll be coming to join us for the Meetup tomorrow???

Oh Julie that is soooooooooo awesome and I am sooooooooo thrilled for you xx
I know that I dont really know you so well but I remember when they said no before, I remember reading it and as I had 'seen' you around I was so gutted for you and it has really done my heart good to see that you are getting your wish now, I am so very very pleased for you.
Steph xx

Aww Julie, I honestly couldnt be happier for you. You have waited a very long time for this day, so you make sure you savour every moment. Your life is going to change for the better as a result of what happened today.

I agree with Mini also and hope your case serves as an inspiration to others who are on the verge of giving up hope.

YOu go girl.

Just another example of how 'dreams can come true'! i'm so so pleased for you xxx

Back