• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One month as a banded person!!

doublemum

Wow, how quick a month goes!!!
Well, i've lost one stone since my operation date, thought it might have been more but i'm not complaining.
Its been a very tough ride so far and now with no restriction its even harder, just relying on my will power now, which hasn't been that great up till now!
I've found this all very emotional, like i've lost my best friend (food) sounds completly mad doesn't it!!!
They definately need to supply counselling with the band because as we all know the band doesn't really do much does it!
I've got an appointment back at the hospital on july 11th and thats just for a group meeting as far as i'm aware, no fill has been mentioned :sigh:
Sorry to go on, probably sound like a right moaner, but i am grateful to have been given this on the nhs, especially as i had no other problems, just fat! So i know i shouldn't moan!
I can eat anything & everything now, no problems at all, just trying my hardest to keep the portions down!
I know this is the best thing i've done, but its trying to get my head in gear, i still find that if i'm having a bad moment, then i still want the crisps or chocolate, the band doesn't help with that!!
Right think i've gone on enough, sorry guys!
Lorraine

Lorraine x It's a really tough time you're in at the moment. I remember feeling very lost and worrying but I didn't have the benefit of talking to other banders or being able to learn from them how to cope and what to expect.

I would start a diary if you haven't already, and join us on the food/exercise log as well (sticky thread at the top of the banders area) as logging what you eat really helps you to keep control of what you have most days.

As I often say, try and find an eating plan that you find easy to stick to, some of us are calorie counting, some on Rosemary Conley and some on Atkins at the mo.
Even without a fill, sticking to a plan is a lot easier with a band in there.

As you begin to get fills, your band is a much more obvious helper. You definately will see a difference ..maybe even with the first fill (depends what your team give you) and I promise that once you have that feeling of correct restriction you will be able to feel full on a really small meal (about the size of your hand)
and not need to snack.

So for now, find a plan to help you stick to healthy choices and incorporate a treat now and then so you don't start feeling tempted to eat bad stuff too often.

Try and do a half hour walk a day and build it up gradually and keep chatting to us as we know what you're going through and we can help if you tell us what you're experiencing straight away xxxx

Lorraine, I feel your pain! I am at 3 weeks and am hungry most of the time and keep snacking. Weight loss will be naff this week I think :(

hi lorraine, i no exactly how you feel, i had my band fitted 6 weeks ago, im due my first fill next week and i cant wait! good luck with your weight loss xx

hi lorriane, i am 4 weeks post op and i can understand your frustration. but hey girl you have to work with your band. I had to pay for my band and i want to make it it works. i am due my first fill in 3 weeks and cant wait. i dont have much restriction at the moment but still avoiding bread as best i can. chin up and tell yourself u have to help yourself lose weight. xx

lol yesterday I was utterly fuming because my dog took too long to have a wee!
The day before I was in waterstones looking at the childrens book "goodbye Mog". It's about Mog the cat going to heaven. I got tears in my eyes and had to put the book down. Ridulous!!
I have been so evil this month that I can't bear myself!!

Lorraine i'm a bypasser but i'll give my two pence worth. I'm almost 12 months post op now and i still crave chocolate and crap, i've eaten it for almost 27 years (out of control with it since i was 16 that is and had money of my own to spend it on), however i do weight watchers and with the help of my surgery i can and do still have treats but they are as Neen says 'incorporated' into my plan...

Things will get easier for you, i know you've had a real roller coaster of a ride but it does get better. You haven't lost your best friend food, it is just not as important now...

See if you can sign up for a healthy eating plan and get something you can follow and stick with. When you've had a fill and got some restriction this will be so much easier for you...

Best of luck and congrats on the weight loss so far xx

Back