• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling a bit lost :-(

becky2123

Hi all,

I'm coming up to 6 weeks post band,my first fill is in 12th November but I'm starting to feel a bit low now.

My weight loss has completely stopped which I was told to expect but it's quite depressing because my appetite has returned but I've not slipped up once.
I've not eaten anything remotely bad for probably 8 weeks now.

I'm also worried that my band is not right as the whole time I've had it I've not once had any problems swallowing anything.

I'm having a tough time with my husband as well which is not helping the situation and normally when I'm depressed I eat which I guess is how I got overweight in the first place.

I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself today so sorry for the rant!!!!

Becky x

Hopefully at your next spot the full will help with the urge to eat. I hope things improve at home for you - it can't be easy without support?! xx

hi becky. im not banded yet (monday 10th nov). but from what my care provider has told me some people dont feel any restriction until theyve had a fill. did ur doc put any fluid in in theatre? mine will be putting in 4mls but I know some dont out any in or just 1ml. this could make a dif to u having restriction or not. try not to worry. (easier said than done I know)
with ur hubby, I totaly gwt it. if I argue wih mine I comfort eat. well done for staying strong.u can do it x

Hi

Thanks everyone!
I'm glad I'm not the only one up this early!!

My band is completely empty till next week.

I'm gonna ask about swimming too I need to do something to kick start my weigh loss I've lost nothing in over a week now!

X

it is common that weight loss can stall, but also restriction doesn't necessarily mean you will have problems eating foods, there maybe foods that you may not tolerate with it being tighter but a lot of people can continue to eat foods with the band. Restriction is more to do with satiety after smaller portions. But also you need to be prepared that you may not notice any difference for a number of fills as it can take a while. Sone need more fills than others. So it's all very normal...I've had 22 fills and restriction? No not yet....

Take measurements as well as scales and photos can help too.

As for swimming with my provider they advised that swimming could resume at weeks 3-4 as long as the scars were nicely healed. Give your provider a call in the meantime and find out.

But hang in there, it's often a drawn out journey

Sorry your feeling fed up.....know this will be my story in a few weeks as I am miss inpatient and easily frustrated too! But.......they do tell us that we are lucky to loose weight after the band (continually), and also getting our 'sweet spot' can take ages as well.....just a little thought, and I am baby bander, so don't know a lot....but are you eating enough, could you up your protein at all, reduce carbs???

Just an idea you might be doing this already, but as I'm a complete newbie I don't have a vast amount of experience!

Hopefully it will all kick into gear again and your get back into your loosing streak!!

On another note my 'nursery advice' would be as,one as your wounds are completely healed and closed, then swimming is fine, but like there's said, have a chat with your provider.

Sending love and positive (weight free!) thoughts!

Zxxx

Thanks everyone!

I was told no excersise till at least after my 6 week check which is next week.

I'm eating next to no carbs at all!!!

I've been told I'm not drinking enough fluids which could be slowing my weight loss down so in trying to drink more!

I'm just having one of those days where I wanna hide under my duvet x

Mmmmmm duvet day! With you on that one! Xx

I think we all have those days!

Sometimes, when I'm feeling a bit demotivated, I think about the weight I've put on over a given period of time. For example, I put on 18lbs over the 12 months before my op. That's a gain rate of 1.5lbs a month. I started my pre-op diet two moths ago so, if I'd never done this, not only would I not be down any weight but I'd very possibly be 3lbs heavier.

Sweetheart you are at the hardest part of this journey, post band awaiting first fill ......... i know i wanted to chew everything and anything ..........try and stick to your providers rules regarding 20 20 20 it will help with the hunger pangs..... jusr remember until you start getting your fills your restriction will be little, and as Kat says finding the sweet spot can sometimes take awhile..... i am fortunate to have found a happy place without a fill in my band...... i stick to my providers rules, and find those starving moments fleeting now..... so the slow eating works for sure :) hang in there sweetheart, don't be discouraged x x x x your doing grand :)

Back