• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded - throat and chest sensation

chummy

Has anyone else suffered this problem. I'm in constant pain within my upper chest area and the sensation that my band is in the back of my throat. If I touch my Adam's apple area I heave and have nausea throughout the day.

Went for first fill today, but unfortunately I was unable to have it done as apparently I'm inflamed internally. Possibly due to something I've eaten, I'm now 7wks post op and was fine. Can't put my finger on when this started but its been a few weeks I'm sure. It started with me rubbing my breastbone to ease an internal pain. Now I could open myself up and remove the band just for some relief. I've been put on Omeprazole and double action Gaviscon. But as of yet I'm still in pain.

Did mention possible band slip but was told this is unlikely.

Any advise would be grateful.

Chummy have you any fluid in your band already? it sounds tight, but it could be down to various reasons. Methinks be guided by your provider as they are the medical experts; keep in regular contact with them; use your aftercare support. When are you next speaking to / seeing them? Big hug ... cos pain ain't fun xxx

the inflammation is causeing the tight feeling and refux and heartburn can feel so bad when mine started I thought I was having a heart attack and went to a n e. give it a 4 or 5 days to settle if its not you need to keep on speaking to your provider to make sure you staying healthy

That doesn't sound good at all. I know what you mean by the felling (but not at the level you're describing). I could feel this after my first fill yesterday, but it's gone this morning.

It does sound like the inflammation could be making this much worse. But it sounds as though your provider are looking out for you. Keep in touch with them, it shouldn't be like this and I'm sure they want this to work for you.

I hope you feel much better soon.

Nothing in the band yet. But been to quack today I'm on even more meds now.

Lets hope in two weeks I'll get first fill.

Nothing in the band yet. But been to quack today I'm on even more meds now.

Lets hope in two weeks I'll get first fill.

It sounds as though you are really going through it...I know the tight chest feeling as Im sure so do others
Its really unpleasant isn't it..I do hope they sort you out as its a long road ahead and you need to have some comfort:sigh:

Good Luck Chummy xxx

Thanks all. Trying to keep a brave face but so so hard when this has come from nowhere. Lets hope by next week I'll be back to normal.

Going to lie on sofa and watch afternoon tv.

Thanks all. Trying to keep a brave face but so so hard when this has come from nowhere. Lets hope by next week I'll be back to normal.

Going to lie on sofa and watch afternoon tv.

That's it you pamper yourself for a while and relax
Best of Luck Chummy xxx

id seriously consider pushing your fill back a few weeks when you have a fill it aggravates things for a few days and if your not yet sorted it could just kick it all back off again , hope the meds work for you tho

What a pain, hope the meds sort you out chummy.

I'm sure it will all calm down, just treat yourself gently xx

I had a tight feeling in my chest for 3 days and when i moved or took a breath was awful. Mine was just wind on top of constipation and I made it worse eating sloppy pasta.. but nothing like your suffering with.
Can they not see you sooner? Hope you feel better soon make sure you relax lots and take care xx

Back