• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One of my incision sites just won't seal!

Hollie22

I have 5 incisions, 4 look great. The one that above and nearest to my belly button, about half an inch is red, scabby, and when I took my white vest off today it had seeped red/brown fluid again. It has been like this since day one but when I asked the nurse at Dolan park before I left, she said it was normal. I am 21 days post op. I placed steristips and a dressing over it when it did this about 17 days post op. it's so annoying and it looks like it going to really scar! EDIT: they were glued, all others sealed! It's so annoying!

image-2756199791.jpg

Included a pick :)

image-856821412.jpg

Attachments

• image-1736296781.jpg
    image-1736296781.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
I had a similar situation to yours. I rang THG and they said I should use a dry plaster. So I went to boots and I spoke to a phamarsist and I was been given advice on what to use. So I was asked to buy this liquid plaster (germolene), a dry plaster cover and to keep my wound dry. Within days my incision was healed. But because it was the largest of them all, it took time for the glue to fall off.
However, check with your provider. I am sure they will be of help.

One of mine was the same, still not properly healed at 6 weeks post op. My gp gave me antibiotics and its nearly sorted now. Just try to keep it dry hun x

Mine is the same, antibiotics are helping tho x

I'm on an aggressive course right now due to one of mine being infected. I feel absolutely rubbish :(

Mine wasn't infected but I am 5 weeks post op on wednesday and I had to pull a long stitch out of it, it was the only piece that hasnt healed, hope u get it all sorted hollie xx

Hi I had the same thing, the incision just above my tummy button would not heal. It had a stitch knot right in the middle, every time i moved the knot moved and prevented the wound from healing. I went to the nurse 2 time to ask her to cut it off and she wouldn't, so after about 7 weeks I lifted the stitch with a pair of tweeter and snipped it out. 3 days later it healed. Its now 13 weeks on darker than the other 5 scars because it was open so long. The other 5 scars are nice neat pale pink lines, the one that wouldn't heal is raised and still red. I think it's the main hole where the work was done but its slowly getting less raised and less red. Good luck healing. Xx:)

Back