• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cold stuff

Lush121

Hi all, I am one week post op and started on puree yesterday. I have just taken it easy, puree apple and some sloppy Readybrek yesterday. Similar today with the addition of some thicker soup and a mashed banana.

My question is that since day one post op I find that drinking water that is chilled is a bit painful. But I only really like drinking waters / squashes etc when they are chilled. Do others have the same problem as me?

I'm a bander but have the same as you. I only like squah when it's cold but for about 4-5 weeks post-op cold liquid (except milk) and hot tea was a bit sore to go down and stay down.

Cold, refrigerated is ok now, but hot tea still not pleasant going down. I have to leave it for 10 mins to cool a bit.

I also can't drink coffee now, but am ok with latte (skinny of course!)

Last edited:
Many thanks, glad to hear it was only temporary. I used to drink sparkling water all the time, as I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners, but now I can't drink that any more the thought of only being able to drink luke warm still water for the rest of my life was a little depressing!

i'm so glad i've seen this as i've found it painful to drink my juice and slimfast, i'm going to give it a go with room temperature water and see how i get on. thank goodness for this forum!! x

It can be trial and error to find out what temps work for you, I used to drink really hot tea but luke warm coffee, now I can't drink really hot at all . . .lol

Back