• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

one week today post gastric bypass

Hello :)

How did you find Mr Woodcock? - My friend is having surgery with him in 8 weeks. He really likes him.

Congratulations with your bypass & good luck!

John x :)

I lived on sloppy mash and cheese or very soft low fat pate.

Puree stage was the hardest part for me and I was soooo glad to get out the other side. It even got to the point I was crossing the days off the calendar.

@ john , aww mr woodcock calls a spade a spade, if u work hard for him, he will work for u, at first I thought he was a lil mean during his seminars however once u prove to him that he isn't wasting his time on u and u really want it, he is lovely :)

Thanks @lincs lass
first few days I didn't want anything, but ive been making myself have bits, basically pureed veg, mash and turkey and homemade soup blitzed down but its the look of things that put me off. Today I had cottege cheese blitzed up with a little pineapple so far so good, not sure what to have for lunch hummmmf ;|

@ john , aww mr woodcock calls a spade a spade, if u work hard for him, he will work for u, at first I thought he was a lil mean during his seminars however once u prove to him that he isn't wasting his time on u and u really want it, he is lovely :)

Thats good then! Well you clearly worked hard and proved yourself to him, so well done you!

And keep up the weight loss!

All the best,

John x

I lived on blitzd casseroles and soup, with a blob of Smash - tasted ok but not nice to look at - like something the cat had brought up. OH had casseroles that weren't blitzd - I was very jealous! Sooo glad when I was on the crispies... I had ryvita thins with my unblitzd soup.

@Novamay seriously am am so over blitzed food already 3 to 4 weeks to go :( I have seriously food envy I must be getting better because my husband had Chinese 2 days post op and it never affected me in the slightest however the sausage sandwich he made this morning I could have head locked him for it hahaha :D I tried a tomatoe pasta blitzed up and it was vile so pretty much everything am making is going in the bin. Just going to stick to plain foods at this stage and hope for the best :D

North Tyneside say 1-2 days fluids then puree'd for 4 to 6 weeks, soft for 2 weeks and by week 8 post op they want you on solid eating normally. I was in hospital on the Wednesday for my op, they gave me a choice of lamb puree or yoghurt for lunch the next day. I had a mouthful, then another mouthful at tea time then home at 6.30 on thurs ready for puree. I am been reading on this forum and some people have to drink fluids for 2 weeks just north of the border of where I live. It is all very confusing :D plus they want me to eat 4-6 small meals per day cant drink half hour before and an hour after but also fit 2 litres of water and that saying am not blumming hungry :)

Last edited:
As for pureed foods,I've been eating asda mash pots,quite tasty,fish pie,shepherds pie,cottage pie,laughing cow cheese triangles,mini babybel,lasagne macaroni cheese,ice cream,sf jellies,yogurts,ready brek,porridge,weetabix,chicken in a white sauce,fish fingers,carrots,cauli,brocolli,baked beans,tin spaghetti,basically anything that is easy to mash or blitz & still remains relatively tasty & presentable

Thanks, its the presentable thing that gets me, makes me gag looking at it all :D just guna have to try and vary tho bcoz I still have 3 to 4 weeks left of this delight. How many meals r you having if u don't mind me asking ? x

3 x small meals a day,approx 150g in weight, mini babybel as a snack,horlicks b4 I go to bed,struggling to get enough fluids into me to be honest

Ano its the fluids, I normally drink a lot before surgery but its difficult especially fitting it around food spacing drinks and meals out. I am hoping that by weeks 8 pre op solid food time I will have gotten used to it all x 2 litres sipped all day :(

Hi Danielle
I've been on puréed for 2 weeks and got another 2 to go. Been a bit hit and miss but my lovely sister made me some ham and pea soup and mum made me some curried lentil soup and I've frozen them into 150g portions. I was also sick of the look of things last week so made myself some mini chicken pies. Chicken puréed with a bit of gravy, then a tablespoon of puréed butternut squash on top of that and a tablespoon of mash on top to finish it off. It feels like a real pie with layers and then I surround it with gravy. I bought a pack of baby food containers from pound land and have frozen several of the pies. Other favourites are tuna mayo, beans and cheese and poached egg. Keep up the good work!

@Fayz Thanks for that, yeh I have those pots too and I my mam made lental and lean bacon soup so it has been good, ive been eating mash, turkey and mix turnip with carrots but I am getting a bit fed up. I think I might try something like tuna mayo actually forgot all about that and also cheesy beans :D if I close my eyes I can think its the real deal x

Cottage Pie, Shepherds Pie, Tuna Fish Pie, Beef in Ale pie - made batches of them in ramekins and froze them; Add cheese to the top when you reheat in the oven.

The Chicken pie sounds nice - wish I'd thought of that.

@novamay thanks for that, been out today for a big shop figured got a while to go so I need food in and cant rely on the mother (Bless her) <3 for ever so I have froze some soups in pots and I am going to make some dinners and freeze them. Struggling to fit all the meals in around my ruddy fluid intake x

Back