• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEWBIE GASTRIC BYPASS

donnaahmadyfar

HI EVERYONE I AM DONNA I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS ON 14/02/2011 SO I AM STILL ON THE PUREE STAGE STRUGGLING WITH THINGS TO EAT ANY SUGESTIONS WELCOME :talk017:

Hi and welcome to the site. I can't give any advice as I am still waiting for my op.

If you look at our thread for logging our daily food
http://www.wlsurgery.com/chit-chat/...y-record-weigh-saturday-5th-march-2011-a.html

you will see what some people are eating that are around the same stage as you.

I have bought a recipe book by carol. She also has recipes on her site
Recipes and advice for weight-loss surgery patients | Uncategorized | Bariatric Cookery
Hope these help you - you will find peops very friendly and helpful here, so am sure others will jump in tomorrow.

cheesey mash? corned beef mash? with a bit of gravy on to help it slide... Blitz a stew up?

Hi, welcome to the site. The most important thing is to go at your own pace and not to rush anything. I am 3 months post op and I remember after 2 weeks I tried some thick homemade soup and it felt very gloopy and uncomfortable for a while even though it was still liquid. I had to go back a stage for a week and stick to tea, coffee, thin soup (strained) etc then tried again a week later and was fine. What you may want to do us try things that you may not have been keen on before (soups etc) I don't know if this is common but post op my taste and smell seemed to change and when I tried flavoured soups I previously liked, they werent so good, on the other hand I hadn't had a tin of oxtail for about 20 years and it was fab, I was addicted for a few weeks so stick to watery stuff but try different things to keep you going. Take it easy and you'll be fine, things progress very quickly and you will soon learn what you can and can't tolerate . Good luck , Matt x

heya hun just wanted welcome you to the forum luv and wish you well on your journey! im sure youl find the answers your looking for here - theres a few on here at the same stage as you at the moment whom do post there daily intake on the thread jint suggested so it might be worth checking in for some ideas! julies given you some ideas and im sure theyl be more post oppers around with some more advice for you soon.

xxxx all the best xxxx

Hi im at the same stage as you and im having stuff like!
Cauliflower cheese
sheppards pie
haddock potatoes and cauliflower
sugar free jelly and yogurt
strained soups
low fat cream cheese with potatoes and cauliflower

everything is blended and added milk to make it the right consistency. Hope this helps you chuck.xxxx

Im now 14 weeks post op and remember having the corned beef hash blended and also weight watchers sheperds pie still have them now it does get easier with every passing week :)

Hello and welcome, sorry can't be much help , still waiting 4 my op , good luck on your journey
Kate x

You are doing well Donna, its great when you can move on a stage.....real food tastes so nice after liquids and mush :D XX

Just wanted to say HI & Welcome! I had my gatric bypass on January 24,2011 so I'm just a few weeks out from you. :)
I love this site, the ppl are so supportive, & helpfull!
Good luck on your journey. I look forward to sharing our storys.
<3 Brandi

Back