• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One year later ...

Amber002

Today it's one year since I had my gastric band and I wanted to mark the event. My life has changed so much for the better I would never has lost so much weight without it nor maintained it.
This site has been a massive support whenever I've felt low or struggled to keep positive I open the app on my phone and read through the diaries of all the fantastic achievements and it gives me the encouragement to pick myself up.
I don't comment often but there are so many people here that offer support and help to fellow banders which is invaluable.
I have lost seven and a half stone this year, it seems to have stuck there for the past month, but I am very happy I've managed that. I was a size 24/26 and now I wear a size 16/18. I never ever wore trousers in my adult like and now I bought my first pair of jeans a couple of months ago and wear trousers every day! So many milestones, little things you can do that mean so much, it is only for having this surgery that's allowed me to experience.
There still more weight to loose but even if I stayed the same now forevermore and never gained again I would be so happy.
So, thank you everyone, I'm very very grateful and having a gastric band for me was the best thing I could have ever done for myself and for my family. My children have a fitter happier mum and hope to be a better role model for them being healthier.

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
oh amber thats great! :) congratulations honey, i'm sure you will lose more too :) xxx

FuturePerfect

Finally in love with life
Well done Amber. Come back more often and share the wisdom of a successful bander!

drylaw

well done great effort

Amber002

Yes the time has flown by. It's not been easy I was so strict for the past 10 months but since christmas I've been struggling to eat the right foods - im not sure if it was the band too tight so after previously been able to eat chicken, vegetables, salads I found alot of food getting stuck or I couldn't digest them, so mash potatoes, cottage pies things like that go down alot easier so it's easier to eat bigger portions. You just don't know if it will settle but then you start picking up bad habits again. Your always worried your going to start gaining but as long as I keep active and stay the same it will be great. I will carry on coming to this site for information advise and support as it really helps. Thanks everyone

safc_chick

Can't wait to be skinny!
Well done thats a great achievement xx

Tray3004

Well dun hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery