• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One year out and feeling peckish....should I increase calories?

EmmaLouise81

Hi everyone, just past the one year mark and been sticking to 800-1000 calories up until recently, had a few days were I went over and beat myself up over it.

Should I up the calories a little bit? The weightloss has slowed down but considering I was 22 stone on surgery day and am now 13.5 I can live with that. My aim at moment is 11.7 so don't want to eat too much but afraid if I keep it low in calories i will crack and then eat too much and get into that horrible vicious circle I was in pre-op.

Any advice appreciated!

you could still eat more just not high calorie foods :) have more protein it will fill you up longer and try not to have too many carbs they burn up quickly and then you soon feel empty again x

Hi. I'm still a newbi on the losers bench and still on liquid diet. I find that my whey protein isolate drinks 2x30g a day plus soups high in protein makes me not peckish at all. For example a creamy chicken or mushroom soup is added to with a good dollop of double cream.

I just aviod sugars as they are the killer along with high carbs. salmon and all fishes and chicken breasts are also good. I would up your calorie intake slightly as long as its good quality food high in protein then I would think they'll not be problem it may also kick start your metabolism.I can't wait to be on solids again as i can't wait to eat baked beans with bacon and egg although this will be a massively much smaller amount.

I am now back on a full exercise program less than two weeks since op I'm hitting balls on the driving range and cycling 2-3 miles a day which is not lots I know but a least I've started. good luck. Victoria x

I'm just coming up to a year and finding it hard to keep my cals under 1000, I'm not losing weight and know I need to get under 1000 every day to do so, despite exercising regulalrly. I always seem to be very efficient at using calories and have ever only managed to lose weight on a very low calorie diet. I still don't get hungry in the same way that I did but know I 'need' food more often than before. I'm worried that I'll never lose the last couple of stone, or worse still will not figure out how to maintain !
I'd like to hear from people a year plus for some advice too
xx

Miss Tickle said:
I'm just coming up to a year and finding it hard to keep my cals under 1000, I'm not losing weight and know I need to get under 1000 every day to do so, despite exercising regulalrly. I always seem to be very efficient at using calories and have ever only managed to lose weight on a very low calorie diet. I still don't get hungry in the same way that I did but know I 'need' food more often than before. I'm worried that I'll never lose the last couple of stone, or worse still will not figure out how to maintain !
I'd like to hear from people a year plus for some advice too
xx

How cals should we been eating I'm eating around 1200 a day my weight has stopped has well but I've losted 8 stone since op in 6 months and 11 in total

image-1177578142.jpg

image-3735774945.jpg

I don't know how many for a bloke Mecca. I should pm Karlos and ask because he's brilliant at all the nutritional requirements stuff. He'll put you right I'm sure.
Feckin fantastic weight loss mate- you look totally transformed. Well done
xx

Back