• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One Year On ... 9st9lbs lighter ... Pics and epic

flutterby1966

The pre-op milk diet diet was a great start tbh even though it was tough going. ... 13lbs lost in two weeks on that...

Evenstarr

Its hard to believe its the same woman in those photos, you look amazing!
Thanks for sharing your story it was truly inspirational.
Em xxx

Bella'sBand

Hi Flutterby, truly inspirational! Well done you :happy096: and CONGRATULATIONS on your surgiversary :winner:
I do not know how old you are but I can tell you from your pictures you look at least 15 years younger now that in your before ones! :)
I can only dream in a years time I have been as succesful as you. You and Jo are true inspirations :)

flutterby1966

So sweet....fifteen years younger. I must have looked 60 before. I am forty five. Not sure that's a good or a bad thing...it just what I am :rolleyes:

Yep while we have had different rules from our providers and different approaches in some ways with regards to fill levels, food (and jo is far more dedicated to her exercise than me) the thing we both have had in common is recognising we are individuals and have discovered what works for us each as individuals. I am sure Jo wont mind me saying however that was has helped both our successes is that we have both been really focussed on making ourselves work with our bands, rather than relying on our little silicone friends to do the whole job.

If we can do it, any one can :D

JO28172

flutterby1966 said:
So sweet....fifteen years younger. I must have looked 60 before. I am forty five. Not sure that's a good or a bad thing...it just what I am :rolleyes:

Yep while we have had different rules from our providers and different approaches in some ways with regards to fill levels, food (and jo is far more dedicated to her exercise than me) the thing we both have had in common is recognising we are individuals and have discovered what works for us each as individuals. I am sure Jo wont mind me saying however that was has helped both our successes is that we have both been really focussed on making ourselves work with our bands, rather than relying on our little silicone friends to do the whole job.

If we can do it, any one can :D

100% spot on! Focus, grit and determination! Anything after that is a doddle! and memories of us two waking at 6am on a sat just to report our losses in here!!! Lol :D

flutterby1966

Obs you were STILL in your bed cos you had exercised SO much the day before LOL And I was sat on my fat ass on the sofa watching jezza recorded from during the week. Sure fire way to make me realise just HOW lucky I was only to be fat, and not have some of life's other problems :rolleyes:

Bella'sBand

Well it is definitely not a bad thing :) I will be 42 myself soon and love being in my 40's :) I think you are aboslutely right bands are not one size fits all and definitely not one way fits all. I am learning even in my second week post op that I have to personalize my journey to suit me. Onwards and upwards ;)

flutterby1966

Bella ... Onwards and DOWNWARDS XXX

Bella'sBand

:rotflmao: Too true onwards and DOWNWARDS!!! Silly me :eek:

Galaxy47

Happy surgiversary!!

Well done truly magnificient achievement.

:):):)

masonrules

Well done and thank you! You look beautiful xx

flutterby1966

Twenty years ... Omg ... I am blushing :bliss:

Ladies, if I can do it, you all can too ... :talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017:

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, sorry I didnt see this when you posted it!

Very, very well done for all that you have achieved in this your first banded year - you look fantastic.

Our group of goal weight banders is growing and long may it continue xx

flutterby1966

It's really great all the new banders joining us too. Thanks for your message Mazza ... :D

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Thanks for sharing and all your advice. My op is 3/8 and Im already getting nervy and excited!!

flutterby1966

@ mimi and Tracey ... Excited for you both ... Welcome you to that lovely losers sofa soon. Bring a cushion for when the padding off your bums disappears and a cardie to keep you warm xx

Kay1962

You look amazing. Thank you so much for your story, it is really encouraging to see that we can actually loose this weight with a lot of help from our bands but also with alot of brain training. Thanks again and well done.