• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One year post-op and loving it!

jdforeman

I had my sleeve done one year ago. At the time of surgery I weighed 243.5 lbs and wore a size 22-24. I'm now 155 lbs and wear a size 8-10. I'm still losing at the rate of 1 to 1-1/2 lbs/week. My goal is 135 lbs. I tried for years to get several insurance plans to cover my WLS. I thought because I was a former RN and hospital/healthcare administrator that I knew all the angles. When I was unsuccessful, I researched surgeons and facilities in the US and was ready to schedule a lap band in the US for $18,000-$27,000. Thank goodness I discovered a better and more affordable option. Dr. Alberto Aceves of the Mexicali Bariatric Center did my sleeve procedure. I had no complications and today can eat or drink anything I want in small quantities. Many people are horrified that I'd take the risk to go to Mexico for surgery. I thoroughly researched Dr. Aceves, and I couldn't have "purchased" the kind of care I received from his staff and the staff at Hospital Almater in the US at any price! I cannot recommend them more highly! This option makes WLS affordable for anyone.

Well done on your weight loss and the choices you made. Good luck for your goal :D

wow well done to you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back