• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

one year surgiversary

jmumof4

hey guys onn the 27th of this month i will be celebrating my 1st year after my gastric sleeve surgery.

I cant say it has been easy, ive have had terrible sickness through taking forcival muti vit tablets, my body was kind of overdosing on vitimins, i had to come off them for 2 months, and they did a blood test which showed that my vitimin and mineral levels were perfect without the tablets!
Im still taking lanzoprazol other wise i produce tomuch stomach acid and it makes me feel very yuk. I still cant eat more than a few spoonfuls of food, and i stick mainly to proteins now as its easier for me to digest if i have cabs it hurts my tummy so much the pain is just terrible!!

I joined a gym a month ago as i thought now i have lost just over 9 stone i need to tone it all up, it has been very beneficial indeed.
I am just in a state of flux now as the loose skin is becoming a real issue because there is so much of it, ive gone from a size 30 to a size 16, but without the hanging tummy skin i know i would be nearer a 12, as my trouser legs are massive and they hang off my hips, but the waist fits and that sucks!
Do they still put you forward for tummy tucks, or has this new coalition goverment decided that you can help the obesity with surgery but the patients have to deal with the after affects of that surgery e with there own funding or just live with it?? does anyone know?
I had my surgery at caring cross at the imperial so they have to refer me as the brighton NHS does not refer cosmetic surgery, but i have been looking into surgery in poland but i am very wary

let me know if you know anything about this

9 stone in 12 months, woweee, well done!! And a 30 to a 16! Amazing! well done, sorry i cant help with the surgery for the skin, but u just wanted to congratulate you!

Congrats Hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well done thats fantastic!, Happy Surgiversary.

From what I understand most places say u have to have a healthy bmi and maintain for 2 yr before you would even be considered but again each area is different so someone else mite be able to offer better advice x

Hi Jmumof4,

Congrats on your weight loss.

In my area criteria to be able to apply for a TT on the NHS is:

** must have reached at least 80% excess weight loss and BMI under 30

** must demonstrate having reached a stable weight and maintained this weight for at least 6 months

** must also be able to demonstrate why TT is medically necessary (eg sores under lose skin / loose folds causing sweating or rubbing / psychological effect / difficulty with sex with partner etc)

I have heard of people getting approval for TT 18 months after their original op if they lost 80 - 90% EWL within 12 months and then managed to maintain and demonstrate a stable weight for at least 6 months.

Good luck !!

congratulations and well done on such a big weight loss my darlin. i am due to have sleeve op on 03rd may and i really appreciate you posting the good and bad points of your journey darlin.
thank you and well done xx

Wow u have done amazingly well; I hope I'm as successful as u! In Bradford u can only get funding for medical reasons, but the consultant advised to keep on trying over and over and u might just get lucky xxx

thanks everyone, Jan its the best thing i ever did having the sleeve, yes there were initial problems in the begining i was put on forcival muti vit and min tabs and was overdosing with the sheer amont i didnt need in my body and was very very sick, apart from that i have had no real issues except forgetting to eat and having dizzy spells but i feel wonderful a go to the gym 3 times a week something i never ever ever thought i would ever have the courage to do, and i get to go on long walks in the country with my kids and i am absolutly loving life, expect the skin, the skin is bad, although i am only 34 i have had 5 kids, 2 of which were twins and my stretched skin is no crepe like granny weiredness, i get sweat sores in my belly button where there is no air getting to it where my skin is compleatly covering the belly button, i get sores under my apron on my tummy which can be so embarrassing even now i have to shower twice a day and it still sweats and smells i cant even go out with my husband for dinner becaus i fear other people smelling the putrid smell it omits sometimes, but i still wouldnt change one thing. you will notice the difference in no time, and i wish you all the luck in the world xxxx i am at the hospital tomorrow so i hope they tell me good news

love to all

Wow! you have done fantastic - and five children to look after too!

I hope you manage to get the after surgery that you need.

Regarding the smelly bits and the sores. A couple of months ago I started to get red sore patches under my boobs and my tummy apron. Like you, I was showering twice a day, using loads of steroid cream, talc, etc. Then one day I decided to try bio oil - it worked! I use it 2-3 times a day, just a few drops rubbed in and hey presto! Not had any smell or any soreness since. Also used it in my belly button.

Bio Oil is quite expensive so I've moved on to Rescue Oil, it's the same stuff and you can get it from discount stores such as Wilkinson's and Home Bargains for a fraction of the price, and near me the pound store does a 75ml bottle. Worth a try!

Take care, Tessy...x

Got loads of creams and powders fro
The doctor it's just such a pain that no be will put me forward but I am only 14 month post op so I need to have more patients. It doesn't help now that I am going to the gym an I run 6 miles a weeks the skin bounces about and the sores golfer worse, but luckily since I have been doing the lotion regime the doctor told me to do the sores and smell has gone, so now it's just a case of living like this with my twin sister hanging off me till such times as I can get referred or afford the cosmetic surgery mysel. Love to all xx

Back