• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op 21april need help exercise war can i do or can't do after op ??

Mikaela

Hi all time is rolling fast now i need some advise exercise what's best for me to do ??? Anyone recommend anything thank u mikaela

Mikaela said:
Hi all time is rolling fast now i need some advise exercise what's best for me to do ??? Anyone recommend anything thank u mikaela

Just read the subject. I think walking is the first and swimming next once you scars heal. Not sure after that lol

Mikaela said:
Thanks Hun x

I will read back with interest as to ideas post oppers have :D Good luck! Not long now :) xxx

Thanks again also just reading I'm having bypass do r u i got my meal plan but can i do Cambridge or another high protein shake diet ?? U got 1 day left gal x

Mikaela said:
Thanks again also just reading I'm having bypass do r u i got my meal plan but can i do Cambridge or another high protein shake diet ?? U got 1 day left gal x

Do you mean for your pre op? You tend to have to do what your team say. But I did do two weeks of Cambridge type first. But it's an option at my hospital :)

One day. I still don't feel like its real lol

It's not a dream it's reality your nightmare is over and your new life is I'n front off u not long now 1 more sleep whoop whoop were u having your op ??

Mikaela said:
It's not a dream it's reality your nightmare is over and your new life is I'n front off u not long now 1 more sleep whoop whoop were u having your op ??

You are lovely :) Thanks chick. I am having my op at Heartlands in Brum. Where is yours? X

What ever you do be very careful - I was feeling great at 2 1/2 weeks so was up to walking a mile a day, pottering round the garden and...ooops main wound popped open, now having to sit about with nothing else to focus on that the thrush my antibiotics have given, as the wound then became infected. Never had thrush before - ohhh those poor people who have, will never mock again!
I can't wait to get back to my weekly PT sessions, but have to just be very patient now - wish I had been in the first place. !
x

OOnion said:
What ever you do be very careful - I was feeling great at 2 1/2 weeks so was up to walking a mile a day, pottering round the garden and...ooops main wound popped open, now having to sit about with nothing else to focus on that the thrush my antibiotics have given, as the wound then became infected. Never had thrush before - ohhh those poor people who have, will never mock again!
I can't wait to get back to my weekly PT sessions, but have to just be very patient now - wish I had been in the first place. !
x

I will learn from your experience :)

I hate thrush! Antibiotics give me thrush too. And if not thrush a bowel infection which can only be sorted with probiotics. Plus I am allergic to penicillin.

Really hope you get better soon :) xxx

Well ladies I exercised right upto the op and then of course did lots of walking for he first 4 months then bout February time went back to the gym and using my pilates ball to exercise with. OP was in August last year. So everything was healed try and keep moving around no matter where I am all exercise helps even if its just fidgeting around. M y surgeon did tell me though after the op when you get back into the land of the living to keep taking long deep breaths apparently helps the healing process and the wind pain. Good luck Fuffs nearly here now so pleased for you. xx

Thank you for the tips Chrisa. You are a wonderful addition to this forum :D

And thank you for your kind words :) xxx

Well im an odd one as i went back swimming at 3 1/2wks post op with waterproof dressings on, very slow to start then hit the gym at 4 weeks post op only on treadmill !!
BUT i was pretty fit pre op doing 1 hr in gym and swimming 110 lengths 3 times a week so listen to your body hun and it will tell you if your ready, if you are not fit pre op take it VERY slowly xxxx

Mikaela said:
Morning I'm I'n St anthonys I'n Surrey :)

Cool :) Is it a nice hospital?

I am quite a fit fatty Dawn. So I should be ok too :)

Cool :) Is it a nice hospital?

I am quite a fit fatty Dawn. So I should be ok too :)

Hospital is lovely i been put I'n private so even better it's about 10 mins from were i live so that's great u not got long now gal only few hours and u be thinking thin x

Mikaela said:
Hospital is lovely i been put I'n private so even better it's about 10 mins from were i live so that's great u not got long now gal only few hours and u be thinking thin x

Woohoo!!! Clock is ticking!!

And that sounds perfect for you! Wow! X

Back