• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What exercise to do at this weight?

Daisyhappy!

Hiya loves,
So Im two days post op (band) and feeling quite good. Any exercise at the money will be just walking/strolling but Im thinking when Im all healed up I'll need some sort of exercise and id love you lot to help me figure out what!
I work full time and have a 7 month old baby so anything outside of the home isn't really the best option at this stage, Im thinking about getting a treadmill (would love to get into that couch 2 5k!) or a wii fit.
What do you all think? I don't want to waste money but i know i will defo need exercise!

All opinions more than welcome!x

Hi get the jillian michaels 30 day shred it's only 20-30 minuets long so great if you have a littlin. The parts you need weights for I use tinned beans :) and it's only £5 x

I wouldn't bother with a treadmill hon. I've bought and then sold 2!! With the best of intentions you won't use one if it's in the home.
Try getting cheaper things like the DVD Suzie suggested then if you stick to it build up to a wii fit etc...
Suzie, are you doing much exercise? My wounds are horrendous (not healing at all) so I'm having to avoid exercise so far..
xx

I totally agree about treadmill, even OH just groaned when i mentioned one.
However, i have found a secondhand Wii fit plus board, controller, loads of games including zumba, just dance etc for 80euro and the guy is dropping it up to me!

Please let me use it!

Interesting as I bought a treadmill, use it everyday and wouldn't be without it..jogging away whilst watching eastenders!

It was off eBay...like new too! I paid £120...same one new in Argos is £250! I was going to hire one but that was going to cost me £80 for 6wks so figured for the bit extra I'd lost nothing and could always sell it on if it became a 1 min fad!!!

started walking only 2mins..then 5mins and so on. Now jog for 20mins a night whilst my soaps are on...strategically placed it in front of tv in bedroom :)

I work full time and all over the country so just can't commit to a gym and I don't want to be turning out if I'm late home of an evening

I love it! Just started using dumbells too at same time but need to build them up as that's tough!!! :) x

Come the summer, you and baby can go out walking... great excercise that is all i do for now... i cant affor the gym... but you have some great suggestions already. im hoping to save for a wii.... there is some great games which ca getyou moving about xx

a wii is brilliant and if you have the music ones zumba etc your lovely baby will enjoy watching you too :)

Hi I also have a treadmill and love it, half hour in morning and the same at night whilst watching tv. I got mine 2nd hand from a woman up the road for £80, she had bought it for new for £200. Just keep your eyes and ears open for a 2nd hand one. Enjoy whatever you decide on.

i think zumba might be a bit much 4 weeks post op but there are exercises on the wii fit already to do x there's a step exercise and jog etc i hope you enjoy it :)

Well my second hand Wii arrived and the guy even installed it for me. It has a hard drive with 250 games on it including the biggest loser, zumba, my fitness coach, just dance etc. Im absolutely thrilled, what a bargain!
I really really would love a treadmill eventually cos one of my goals is to be able to run, i need to trust myself first tho so I'll see how i go with my Wii. Won't be able for much as only had op on Sat but it's all set up for when i am and in the mean time Im loving playing who wants to be a millionaire!x

Back