• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loose skin post op!!

HoPe*87*

Hi everyone,

Strange one but here goes lol! I haven't even had my op yet but have been thinking of the loose skin I will or may have when I do loose weight after op. I know I will need to work out and tone up but can anyone recommend any sort of creams that are affordable and may help?? I've found some on the net but they are very expensive! I just want something I can afford that I can use every day and may help with the loose skin. If I can get away with no plastics il be over the moon :) I'm 24 and having sleeve surgery on the 3rd of Feb xxx

Hi. I am 29 and had the sleeve done just over a year ago. I think your age (like mine) is on your side. My skin is not perfect but is not bad either. I rub in Nivea (the original blue pot) after showering. I think it has helped. My weight has always yo yo'd and to be honest I have tried EVERYTHING on the market but the Nivea seems to do the job as well as anything else.

Good luck with a new you.
Hannah

I like bio oil but it is a bit expensiven, other than thatnjustkeep it as hydrated as you can with a body butter etc.

Good luck huni.

hanisreg said:
Hi. I am 29 and had the sleeve done just over a year ago. I think your age (like mine) is on your side. My skin is not perfect but is not bad either. I rub in Nivea (the original blue pot) after showering. I think it has helped. My weight has always yo yo'd and to be honest I have tried EVERYTHING on the market but the Nivea seems to do the job as well as anything else.

Good luck with a new you.
Hannah

Thanks that's a great help :) another question if u dont mind, is ur scaring very noticeable from the sleeve? How many incisions? Xxx

loubyl00 said:
I like bio oil but it is a bit expensiven, other than thatnjustkeep it as hydrated as you can with a body butter etc.

Good luck huni.

Awwwh I think I have some of that somewhere thank you :) I don't mind that price it's just some online are like £90 for 100ml which I think is ridiculous!!! Xxx

I use Nivea firming cream it's about £6 a bottle smells nice n makes ur skin soft n mine feels better not lost loads about 5stone over about 20mths hopin have sleeve myself this yr ;) x

stuckinafatsuit said:
Hi
I have 5 small scars from the sleeve about half an inch long.
Kim

Thanks, I've got a thing about scars I'd rather have scars than be over weight but I still don't like scars lol xxx

Tray3004 said:
I use Nivea firming cream it's about £6 a bottle smells nice n makes ur skin soft n mine feels better not lost loads about 5stone over about 20mths hopin have sleeve myself this yr ;) x

5 stone is great!!! Il have a look for that nivea I'm going to be like the lotion and potion lady il end up putting them all on lol xxx

Hi

I had my sleeve in May of this year and have lost exactly 7 stones to date :)
I have always used Vaseline intensive care lotion (the green aloe vera one) and I swear by it. I've got very little problem with excess skin, thankfully.

luckyla said:
Hi

I had my sleeve in May of this year and have lost exactly 7 stones to date :)
I have always used Vaseline intensive care lotion (the green aloe vera one) and I swear by it. I've got very little problem with excess skin, thankfully.

Another one to try :) thanks xx

i was worried about that too im 30 and 21st so was thinking about that im gonna try the stuff you guys have said lol thanks x

I found arnica cream helped and when they were skin rather than open wounds lavender was invaluable that was for my boob job not bypass and they were quite big wounds but are barely visible now

minxtress said:
I found arnica cream helped and when they were skin rather than open wounds lavender was invaluable that was for my boob job not bypass and they were quite big wounds but are barely visible now

Great thanks hun xxx

Back