• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op at Luton

Got op date through - its 8th Nov at Luton. Just started the pre op milk diet and picking up meds this thurs. originally thought of having the sleeve but after talking to Surgeon decided on full GB. Can't wait for a new lease of life.

Op day will be here before you know it. Good luck with your pre op diet. It's not easy, but it's worth it in the end :)

It's Mr Barac (not sure of spelling without the letter to hand)

What as in Obama??? only kidding, I had a very good experince there with Mr Jain as my main man.

Mr Marco Barecca is lovely, although he didn't do my op I did see him afterwards with a suspected hernia post op. very approachable and have heard lots of people sing his praises who have been operated on by him at L&D.

Mr Beracca was my surgeon, he is wonderful. straight to the point and very good. you are in safe hands xx im 17weeks post op and doing fine, lost just over 4stone since op.

good luck and keep us posted x

I am also based at Luton had my first meeting with Dr Haslem the Thursday before last then was saw again Friday just gone to have my three assessments and am now on the milk diet for four weeks before I go back for follow up with the nurse sadly it will be in 5 weeks then I have been told I will go on a maintenance diet while waiting for an appointment date for surgery and then back on the milk diet before surgery. Did anyone else feel they would be turned away from surgery after their assessments?

I was absolutely determined to get my surgery. Did everything hey asked and I have had smooth sailing. Don't cheat and you'll be fine.

I was very nervous they would turn me away but I stuck to the milk diet - wobbled in between ie., keeping the weight off and eating again - but hey that's why I'm having surgery as I'm no good at dieting. Now only 1 week to go to the big day next Thursday and can't wait.

Sorry if you read my last post - misunderstood what you wrote. The refeed does get quite a lot of us unfortunately. Good luck!

I went to Luton for my 1st appointment September 28th. Had ECG, heart scan, weighed in. Spent nearly all day there. Got a diet diary. Perscribed orlist.

Not heard anything since. How long before i get my next appointment? How long does it all take? Not that I am in any hurry :)

Angela

Thank you Yvessa I will call them Monday.

I did find it weird that my Dr knew nothing about me being prescribed Orlistat. Mind you he gave me them anyway :)

Called Luton today, letter waiting to be approved....

As the letter is waiting to be sent, they made my appointments for a week on Friday :)

All will be revealed then hopefully! Bet I end up on the milk diet for xmas LOL

Bit of tinsel round the bottle of milk - it will all be worth it as next year you can enjoy a Christmas dinner - but a small healthy portion and while everyone has hangovers and are sleeping off over indulgence you can sit smile and check out your new slinky body in that wonderful little black sparkly dress xx

Back