• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS soon at Luton and Dunstable

SM10

Hi 👋🏽 Everyone,

Hope everyone is okay and doing well. I am currently a patient at Luton and Dunstable.

Ive been on tier 3 since October 2018 (due to COVID a lot of my appointments where cancelled by the hospital, which is understandable) and I’ve just moved onto teir 4.

I’ve seen the MDT team 6 weeks ago a d recieved a letter to say I would benefit from surgery. I received another appointment letter to meet the surgeon on 02/12/2021. Do the surgeon give you and op date there and then? Also How long do you have to wait once placed on the waiting list for surgery?

Thanks in advance :)

Bling Babe

Hi 👋🏽 Everyone,

Hope everyone is okay and doing well. I am currently a patient at Luton and Dunstable.

Ive been on tier 3 since October 2018 (due to COVID a lot of my appointments where cancelled by the hospital, which is understandable) and I’ve just moved onto teir 4.

I’ve seen the MDT team 6 weeks ago a d recieved a letter to say I would benefit from surgery. I received another appointment letter to meet the surgeon on 02/12/2021. Do the surgeon give you and op date there and then? Also How long do you have to wait once placed on the waiting list for surgery?

Thanks in advance :)
Welcome
I had my bypass at Luton in April 2018, the surgeon did give me my date when I met him but. Can’t remember how long after seeing him it was for, I’ll have to check back on my thread, I’m in the bronze section which you will be able to access once you’ve posted 100 times.
good luck, it’ll be the best thing you’ve ever done for yourself but also the hardest thing. You will have to do the milk diet to reduce the size of your liver for 2 weeks before surgery so he can access all areas, I had Mr Jain and he was an absolute dream. X

SM10

Welcome
I had my bypass at Luton in April 2018, the surgeon did give me my date when I met him but. Can’t remember how long after seeing him it was for, I’ll have to check back on my thread, I’m in the bronze section which you will be able to access once you’ve posted 100 times.
good luck, it’ll be the best thing you’ve ever done for yourself but also the hardest thing. You will have to do the milk diet to reduce the size of your liver for 2 weeks before surgery so he can access all areas, I had Mr Jain and he was an absolute dream. X
Hi Bling Babe,

thank you for your reply. How has your journey been so far and any tips or advised for post surgery,I know there is going to be lose skin anything else I should prepare for?

Bling Babe

Hi Bling Babe,

thank you for your reply. How has your journey been so far and any tips or advised for post surgery,I know there is going to be lose skin anything else I should prepare for?
My journey is good. Oh tips….um…definitely loose skin, never forget it’s not a miracle cure of magic wand, the first year post surgery was easy for me after that it most definitely became more challenging, Percy, my pouch will let me grade all day and at work there is so much temptation that it’s easy to over eat, I gained 2 stone in a year, admittedly I had lost too much weight and looking back at photos I looked skeletal howler I’m struggling to loose 1 of those 2 stone, it’s not easy.
keep up the protein, this is really important because it’s the building block of our cells.
embrace your new, healthier life and don’t ever be too harsh on yourself.
there’s probably lots more tips but I’m not thinking straight at the moment x