• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

op went great... on the road to recovery

So today is my first weigh in since last saturday when i was checked into ward c31 at SRH. Im delighted that ive lost a whopping 11lb in 7 days!! Hope each week is a loss. I kno its never gonna be as good as week 1 but hopefully itll come off nice nd easy x

Wow! Well done, Vickie! x

Hi Vicki are you still on pain killers? I'm 5 days out and still in huge pain when I stand up and move about - all localised to op site and no wind pains thank goodness. No pain when lying/sitting in bed, but the thought of then pain is stopping me mobilising which isn't good. I'd put on 5 lbs when I weighed myself 2 days ago, but not worrying too much as I spect it's all fluid which will start to shift when I get moving!
Well done so far - you're doing great.

Hi Vicki are you still on pain killers? I'm 5 days out and still in huge pain when I stand up and move about - all localised to op site and no wind pains thank goodness. No pain when lying/sitting in bed, but the thought of then pain is stopping me mobilising which isn't good. I'd put on 5 lbs when I weighed myself 2 days ago, but not worrying too much as I spect it's all fluid which will start to shift when I get moving!
Well done so far - you're doing great.

The 5lb could still be water or traped air. Even though u think u have rid of all wind. But no ive not been on pain killers since thrusday last week. I was only takin paracetomol too. As soon as i got bk home i was tryin to get back to normal straight away to stop me feelin like crap basically. Plus i have 2 young children so i needed to be as mobile as possible. But the more u move about the easier it gets. I feel the odd pull or pain now nd again but its just if ive moved or turned wrong. U will be better before u kno it hun. Dont worry about it x

What sort of foods are you eating sally if you don't mind me asking? I'm having some soft foods but really mashing and chewing like crazy before I swallow. But im going to ring dietitian next week. I don't know if I should be counting calories and grams etc at the minute I'm not and just choosing low fat/sugar high protein when I can. X

What sort of foods are you eating sally if you don't mind me asking? I'm having some soft foods but really mashing and chewing like crazy before I swallow. But im going to ring dietitian next week. I don't know if I should be counting calories and grams etc at the minute I'm not and just choosing low fat/sugar high protein when I can. X

I'm having things like chilli, cottage pie, tuna and the insides of jacket pots. I'm the same going for high protein where I can. I'm finding it hard to think of meals though how about you? X

Ive put my self on soft food the past week. Ive been havin cherry tomatos, laughing cow triangles the extra light ones, scrambled egg, mash ect. Also been havin 1 slice of brown toast as i can manage that quite well. X

How far are you now post op Vicki? I'm having scrambled egg just had poached this morning too with chopped tomatoes, really enjoyed it! I got those slim a soups in yesterday enjoyed the chicken and leak with a few croutons. Also having mash, beans, mushy peas, tuna, chicken with extra light mayo. No problems soo far.

Im debating whether try a very mild curry tonight for tea it'll have onion, mushroom and potato, maybe bit if chicken. My boyfriend loves making his curries and said it'll be really low fat and very finely chopped for me.

I'd like salad stuff like cucumber and tomato but thinking it maybe too early to try that yet x

I had some curry the other day, still avoiding rice and stuff but managed a little piece of chicken it was lush xx

How far are you now post op Vicki? I'm having scrambled egg just had poached this morning too with chopped tomatoes, really enjoyed it! I got those slim a soups in yesterday enjoyed the chicken and leak with a few croutons. Also having mash, beans, mushy peas, tuna, chicken with extra light mayo. No problems soo far.

Im debating whether try a very mild curry tonight for tea it'll have onion, mushroom and potato, maybe bit if chicken. My boyfriend loves making his curries and said it'll be really low fat and very finely chopped for me.

I'd like salad stuff like cucumber and tomato but thinking it maybe too early to try that yet x

Im 4 weeks tomorrow jo. Ive been makin fat free chicken jalfrazi for my partner. I get recepie out of the hungry dieters cook book. Its literally veg, chicken, spices amd fat free yogurt. U will be fine i was wen i had some of the curry i had made. Although the first time i blended it but tonight im gonna have it with a bit rice xx

I think as long as your careful it's ok! It's not like I'm planning an all you can eat Chinese haha! Xx

Do you need to tell them about surgery?
Have you seen the new meals in Iceland? They look lovely x

Na not at all hun. Thats ur choice if u do. I wudnt. No i havent me sister told me about them but i havent seen them yet x

I'd like to go bk to Slimmingworld as my mam is joining this week and she needs some support and a nudge to keep going but I'd feel guilty if I got slimmer of the week or something! Well he is having a night out tonight now so it's curry tomorrow x

Back