• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Opinions please....

chubby funster

So, I had my bypass Tuesday 28th. As of Tuesday afternoon this week, I was told to go onto puree stage. As is the common theme on here, I've been told to have three meals a day (most seem to be told 4-6??). I've been having...

Breakfast: One quarter/one half of a weetabix (seems to vary)
with skimmed milk

Lunch: 1/5 tin of tinned stewed steak, one "disc" of aunt bessies frozen mash with about 10g of cheese on and some milk to "thin it out".

Tea (or for the non northerners Dinner! ;) Bowl of home made butternut squash and sweet potato soup. With a bit of cheese in for protein.

Tonight however, I had half a weight watchers cottage pie.

I've also tried to have a large glass of milk somewhere in between, again for the protein!

Do you think the meals are too big? I am really worrying about everything at the minute! I think I might give the team a call on Monday, but any advise gratefully received!!!!

Thanks for your help!!! :sigh:

I spoke to my team today and I have been logging my intake on myfitnesspal, and its been anywhere between 600-900 cals a day.

But they have told me I need to aim for approx 1000 cals a day.

They suggest 3 meals a day plus 3 snacks at L&D.

I've been using my fitness pal too! It seems I've been in the same 600-900 cal ball park!! 1000 seems like an awfully long way away!!!!
I don't know you feel PG but it's the odd feeling on not fancying eating!! I've never felt like this! Even when poorly etc, I still could shovel something in my face!!!!!

yeah i know, ive just forced mash and a little bit of ham down with gravy, really dont feel i need it though, and still got to fit in a yogurt or something in yet before i go for some zzzzz's lol

My dietician did suggest just eating some cream cheese or something to get protein in but also some cals.

That might not be a bad idea! Thanks! :D

Try the cheese triangles mixed in with your mash. yum

mmmm that sounds good too!!! x

easy to go down on there own.

Don't worry you guys you'll soon be managing more. The honeymoon period of not really wanting to eat ends soon enough :)

Nooo I want the desire to eat to have gone forever!!!!! :-( x

I still don't get hungry, and can easily not eat, so it doesn't always come back.

Your body needs 900cals minimum to keep out of starvation mode. Quantities all sound fine, they will lessen as you go on to solids. Add in more snacks and you'll be grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I have to do 4 weeks of liquids so i very much look forward to the mushy stage. Even a week out and i am already fancying nice things, but i'm glad, i really do still want to be able to enjoy my food just not eat as much x

My team say go with the flow if you want to move through the stages quicker and your pouch copes go for it if not step back a stage and try again another day. Little and often to start then slow down as you increase protein etc so you have 3 meals by the time you hit 6 mths post-op.

Back