• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please help

janelouise

Hi all I'm day6post op from a gastric sleeve the hospitail have given me milk and magnesium for going to the toilet but it aunt working I'm so bunged up ( sorry to be so grafic) any one got any ideas I've been told not to take fybr gel as it swells in the tummy and that's the last thing I want .
Hope someone can help me thanks xx

Hi,

Get a script for movicol, it's gentler on your insides than senna etc, and works quickly. You'll need to see a gp though, so a trip to out of hours might be in order. Are you feeling impacted in your colon? Ie as if you need to go but can't pass anything? If so try glycerol suppositories that you can buy over the counter.

And of course drink as much water/squash/fluids as you can as this helps move things along too xx

Movicol is good, very gentle, you can get it on prescription or over the counter (but I would advise getting it on prescription if you get them free as it's about £11). Also, glycerol suppositories are good to get things moving & you can get them at any chemist. Keep your fluid intake up too!

Hi hun - how are you doing now?
Where abouts do you live in Essex? I'm in Pitsea.

kurvykaren said:
Hi hun - how are you doing now?
Where abouts do you live in Essex? I'm in Pitsea.

Hi ya I'm in Harlow not to far from you . Thanks every one for your replys cad a tuff day yesterday ended up in a&e for 5 hrs with pain, but not to bad at the mo xx

Back