• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OPP CANCELLED AGAIN

rambo

leicester tigers
well the ex has had her opp cancelled yet again she was first due to have her bypass at heartlands on the 29th oct 2011 that got cancelled and now she was due to have her opp again tomorow 26th jan, only to get a call yesterday and be told yet again it has to be cancelled dur to her surgeon leaving his post,and they have to train two other surgeons to carry out the bypass and sleeve opps, she has to stay on the pre opp diet till they ring her with a new date ,,, wot a bummer i know its not any ones fault but its a real pain :sigh::sigh::sigh:

That is so bad !!! She must be soooo fed-up with all this waiting, Lets hope they get sorted out quickly (fingers crossed).

Gosh I'm sorry to hear this.. it must be very upsetting and annoying for her to have it done initially but to have it cancelled again, how very frustrating. :(

Is this the hospital where Mr Kumah has left? I must have missed the post where it may have explained why he has suddenly left leaving all these cancellations.

I hope she isn't left waiting too much for another date.. third time lucky I hope x

Jen, yes its dr kumar that has left heartlands..he has emmigrated to malaysia to be with his wife apparently :(

I hope your wifes op is sheduled asap!!!

Gosh I'm sorry to hear this.. it must be very upsetting and annoying for her to have it done initially but to have it cancelled again, how very frustrating. :(

Is this the hospital where Mr Kumah has left? I must have missed the post where it may have explained why he has suddenly left leaving all these cancellations.

I hope she isn't left waiting too much for another date.. third time lucky I hope x

hi its so down heartning for her but it cant be help i guess yes mr kumar was the sergeon at the heatlands were she is due to have her opp,

What a shame!! He left with no notice and it has left them in the lurch. What a shame for your wife. I really hope she gets her op ASAP! Mr Nijjar should be signed off soon to do bypasses. He has been doing them under Mr Kumar for 2-3 years now xxx

Oh thats awful, There was a woman posting here a few days ago saying her op was cancelled too, they could've called your ex then as well. The day before surgery when they have already known for days... well thats... sucky.

Agreed, but likely they have volumes of calls to make as Mr Kumar probably did other surgeries as well as clinics. Suspect they have a major backlog.

Equally, they will have to cancel his private patients, or placate them somehow.

oh no, so sorry to hear this :( xxx

Yvessa said:
Agreed, but likely they have volumes of calls to make as Mr Kumar probably did other surgeries as well as clinics. Suspect they have a major backlog.

Equally, they will have to cancel his private patients, or placate them somehow.

I agree. It must be an absolute nightmare for them :( I am not pursuing my complaint or a date now. The people who have been cancelled are 100% the priority. Really hope all the cancelled patients (including private and other upper gastric op patients) get new dates ASAP x

well the ex has had her opp cancelled yet again she was first due to have her bypass at heartlands on the 29th oct 2011 that got cancelled and now she was due to have her opp again tomorow 26th jan, only to get a call yesterday and be told yet again it has to be cancelled dur to her surgeon leaving his post,and they have to train two other surgeons to carry out the bypass and sleeve opps, she has to stay on the pre opp diet till they ring her with a new date ,,, wot a bummer i know its not any ones fault but its a real pain :sigh::sigh::sigh:

hi was i who posted 1st the other day, my op was 19th, cancelled 18th. apparently i was next on the list! they called me today to say up my cals to 1500 as it could be anything upto 2 months before they start again! they will take people in order, so watch this space, as soon as i get my date i will post to let everyone know theirs is just around the corner. it is a bummer but reallyout of everyones control. your wife will be straight after me, and perhaps they will do more than one day a week to get the backlog cleared.

Oh thats awful, There was a woman posting here a few days ago saying her op was cancelled too, they could've called your ex then as well. The day before surgery when they have already known for days... well thats... sucky.

Can I just clarify, I didn't mean, thats awful lets bad mouth them and complain e.t.c. I just meant to me... I wouldve contacted people in date order of when their surgery was due, so the next people due in first... rather than whatever order they did decide to do it in. I seem to have joined another WLS board so maybe it was there but the idea that people who dont even have a date was told before people due in in two days, its a bit silly to me. Hope that makes sense :)

PurpleKylie22 said:
Can I just clarify, I didn't mean, thats awful lets bad mouth them and complain e.t.c. I just meant to me... I wouldve contacted people in date order of when their surgery was due, so the next people due in first... rather than whatever order they did decide to do it in. I seem to have joined another WLS board so maybe it was there but the idea that people who dont even have a date was told before people due in in two days, its a bit silly to me. Hope that makes sense :)

I don't think Yve or me was having a go or suggesting anything chick. Just giving possible explanations for the lack of notice. Kate was the first person cancelled for her 19th Jan op. She was told with one days notice. But then we hear he resigned Friday. It's all a mad mess :( xxx

I don't think Yve or me was having a go or suggesting anything chick. Just giving possible explanations for the lack of notice. Kate was the first person cancelled for her 19th Jan op. She was told with one days notice. But then we hear he resigned Friday. It's all a mad mess :( xxx

Its ok, I understood that! I just read back what I wrote and thought it could be taken either way so rather than someone reading it and thinking the worst, I just thought I would clarify :)

PurpleKylie22 said:
Its ok, I understood that! I just read back what I wrote and thought it could be taken either way so rather than someone reading it and thinking the worst, I just thought I would clarify :)

That's ok then :) Hope you didn't think we were snapping at you x

Eek, just saw these replies - never think that I'm having a go - I don't do that! I am just forever playing devils advocate! I didn't misunderstand your post, but I appreciate you looking over it and clarifying it :)

Yvessa said:
Eek, just saw these replies - never think that I'm having a go - I don't do that! I am just forever playing devils advocate! I didn't misunderstand your post, but I appreciate you looking over it and clarifying it :)

You lil devil you lol

Back