• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OT Teeth

thinkbethin

Hi, I was just wondering how many of you thats had bad diets have suffered with their teeth??? When I had my pre op I was asked if I had any broken teeth. I said no but I knew I had one so I made an appointment at the dentist last week. I only have 4 top teeth of my own, the rest of the top were dentures (all bottom ones fine) all due to bad diet, drinking gallons of full sugar pepsi and medication. I decided that instead of fillings (because I'm petrified of the dentists) I would have the 4 top ones out and a full top set of dentures, so today I had them out and the new ones put straight back in. I'm in absolute agony, I think I would rather give birth lol. I was just wondering if many of you suffered with your teeth due to bad diets. The plus side is I will never have to have a filling on my top teeth again lol. xx Gaynor xx

Ive got fillings, and dont visit the dentist as much as i should - im terrible for that!

Sounds very painful Gaynor. Id leave them out until the top teeth holes have healed, otherwise you'd only aggrivate them, and if any food gets up there under the dentures, it might lead to infection.

Plenty of pain relief too! xxx

Hi, I was just wondering how many of you thats had bad diets have suffered with their teeth??? When I had my pre op I was asked if I had any broken teeth. I said no but I knew I had one so I made an appointment at the dentist last week. I only have 4 top teeth of my own, the rest of the top were dentures (all bottom ones fine) all due to bad diet, drinking gallons of full sugar pepsi and medication. I decided that instead of fillings (because I'm petrified of the dentists) I would have the 4 top ones out and a full top set of dentures, so today I had them out and the new ones put straight back in. I'm in absolute agony, I think I would rather give birth lol. I was just wondering if many of you suffered with your teeth due to bad diets. The plus side is I will never have to have a filling on my top teeth again lol. xx Gaynor xx
Hiya Gaynor, the reason they ask about your teeth chucks is for when they ventilate you to aid your breathing, once your under. They can be a bit heavy handed and if you have loose teeth, caps or crowns, they could be a choking hazard. I am very proud to brag that @ 36yrs of age I have'nt got one filling ;)

I was born with nasty soft teeth, got them from my mom, she had all her teeth capped by time she was 40 and full upper and lower dentures in her 50s. I have several caps & multiple filings unfortunately so I see dentures in my future!

Genetics, what can I say!

Nic:D

use to hate dentists ... but not so bad now as i have had so much work lol ..

i have around 5 route canals .. 6 fillings .. and few missing ..
all my front teeth that u see are porcelain veneers i had done few years back .. cost fortune but look fab looks like i have nice teeth lol i would love them all done one day ..

you will be fine in a few days hun..i used to be a dental nurse and after a few months you may need some new ones making as the gum will shrink.....i have been lucky with my teeth and i drunk loads of coke..hope this helps

Back