• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OT wish me luck please

julia in bath

Hi everyone,

After leaving a fantastic job last year for a promotion that paid 14K a year MORE than i was earning i got taught a valuable lesson and lost the job within a month (not my fault!)
after finding it hard to get a new post I worked for a few months for a friend to help her out. One day leaving after my shift i fell over and broke my elbow very badly. This was operated on and my radial head was replaced. After 6 months of physio I have now had to come to terms with the fact that my right arm will be perminantly disabled ( I have around 50% range of movement and 60% full strength) thankfully i am left handed but it's surprising just how many things you use both arms for!
Anyway that was a bit of a ramble!
The point is I have a job interview tomorrow for a post that is nearly identical to my original job. I'm looking forward to it and am just getting my confidence back enough to start applying.

Good luck for your interview tomorrow hun, take care!

Good luck!!! Knock 'em dead!!

Very best of luck to you xx

good luck julia xxx

Sending you loads of good luck, hope everything goes well for you :)

Good luck!

Oh good luck hun, thats awful about your arm, hope it isn't too uncomfortable for you! Best of luck with the interview, will have my :fingerscrossed: for you

Kate x

thanks everyone, thats just what i needed before i go and tackle the wardrobe for something that fits and makes me look professional! interview at 12, i'll let you know how i get on.

hello everyone, well the wardrobe thing proved to be less stressful than i thought it would be. perhaps because i am now 20lb down! i hadn't tried anything on from 'before' because i didn't think i'd be that different, whilst there were lots of trousers that i couldn't get over my hips i did find a suitable outfit that i've not worn for 6 months.
The interview went well, it was with an agency that i had seen advertising a specific post that seemed right up my street. Any way the lad y I saw was lovely (yes i was dreading being judged on my size and not my skills!) but she thought i was over qualified for the post. she has other positions that she thinks are suitable for me and so she is going to send my cv off to them, and she is going to pitch me on a higher salary than i was on before!
So although nothing definate she loved me and is going to work hard this afternoon to find me a perfect job with a great salary.
Thanks all for your support.
xx

Back