• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Other peoples comments can be rather amusing

I know what your saying it is hurtful and the worst thing is with me people are saying I have really changed since I have lost weight but no I have changed towards them because I know they have been running me down and the annoying thing is I have promised the person who had been telling me I wouldn't say nothing but how the hell can you act normal around them and I am now doubting the person who tell me all this crap one good thing come out of it is they have made me a stronger person and I'm happier than I have ever been so let them live in there sad little lives x
. I think its them that change because they see you as a different person almost alien ...the new girl you are still the same just thinner and hopefully more confident. Sometimes its jealousy because your moving onwards and upwards. Take no notice they are usually sad if they are not getting on with their own battles ! Thats a reason i cant be bothered to tell my work colleagues . Let me know how you get on x

it's like me I told everyone in work and everyone around me which I do regret now but was so excited all I can say is they must think I'm so exciting because after a year they are still talking about me lol you would of thought that people you work with would be more supportive as when you first have it done they see the hardship you go through I work in Asda so I get all the customers as well saying things but luckily nice things but then again a lot of the nastiness is said behind my back and other people are quick to tell me it's got to the stage where I'm thinking of changing my job so people know me as just Cheryl and not the one who had a band done x

It's terrible that you have to consider even switching jobs due to some ignorant people!

Dont ever let it get you down, your the one moving forward in the right direction, they obviously have other issues they cant deal with, so they gossip instead xx

I have been told I look ill!! a manager at work who hadn't seen me for months assumed I had been seriously ill and said I looked terrible.
The worse for me has been my sister. She suggested I had a band to loose weight to assist with fertility. She came with me to all my consultations. She talked to my hubby the whole day whilst I had my op worried about me. BUT since she has never mentioned it. Not said you look good or how are you nothing or said you have done well nothing!! Never a single comment.

Reading through all of the posts, terrible how some people react. I've been so lucky really. Family and friends have been and continue to be supportive and honest. As im a year and a half out, the change is normal to us all now.
I work in healthcare, and been totally honest with all my colleagues. Perhaps because of what we all do, most people get it. I did have one lady tell me I should stop loosing weight, I laughed my head off as I was 17 st at the time. Im 13 1/2 st now and pregnant, occasionally people call me too skinny - haha as if! And 1 lady tried to tell me off for dieting while pregnant, she soon got told that horrendous morning sickness can make u shed a few pounds! But you know I can handle these silly ideas people. I have had the opportunity to educate many people about bariatric surgery, and what its like to be morbidly obese.
I'm sure people have talked about me behind my back. I don't actually care. I cared much more about the hurtful comments i got from strangers when I 24 st!

I have been told I look ill!! a manager at work who hadn't seen me for months assumed I had been seriously ill and said I looked terrible. The worse for me has been my sister. She suggested I had a band to loose weight to assist with fertility. She came with me to all my consultations. She talked to my hubby the whole day whilst I had my op worried about me. BUT since she has never mentioned it. Not said you look good or how are you nothing or said you have done well nothing!! Never a single comment.
that's just madness why would she not say nothing it's crazy x

Ironically we have two friends whom we did NOT want to know about our wls because they have both had one and are both know it all's. We don't want advise from them and we don't want to hear what they did or what THEIR Dr told them or that our Dr is stupid for doing this or that our that we should (or should have) give to their doctor. Besides, both of them are not eating how they should be and have gained a lot of weight. Fine examples. :p

We have not come out to everyone though. Some things are just not everyone's/anyone's business. But for those that we've told they have been supportive.

Ironically we have two friends whom we did NOT want to know about our wls because they have both had one and are both know it all's. We don't want advise from them and we don't want to hear what they did or what THEIR Dr told them or that our Dr is stupid for doing this or that our that we should (or should have) give to their doctor. Besides, both of them are not eating how they should be and have gained a lot of weight. Fine examples. :p We have not come out to everyone though. Some things are just not everyone's/anyone's business. But for those that we've told they have been supportive.
you are right because people who have not even had surgery seem to know more than us lol and I am glad you have had the support of the right people that's what counts xx

Back