• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried !!!!

xxsarahxx

Hi all, i've got my op on thursday and for some reason i'm so worried about the excess skin afterwards. I'm having the sleeve and i'm hoping to lose alot of weight but not any where near what would be classed as a healthy weight. I'm now 30.12 and would be over the moon if i could lose around the 15 stone mark (wishful thinking). The problem is that this isn't enough of a weight loss to be considered for plastics?
I don't have the money to go private and probably never will. So i think it's getting me down knowing i'm going to be stuck with the skin and going by my weight and possible loss, they'll be alot of skin!!
So silly to be worrying about this...i haven't even had my op yet x

It's a very 'male' attitude I have. I guess it's totally different for women. I always tell people that the loose skin on me, is where only my loved ones' see. And they'd sooner have me around having a good life with a bit of loose skin than not around at all.

i would rather be worrying about a bit of excess skin that carrying on being this fat.
i plan to do lots of exercise and will worry about the loose skin if / when it happens. it can always be hidden with clothes, fat cant!
good luck xx

Thanks everyone, you're all right. I need to prioritise and the weight loss comes first. x

I am still losing but I can see that I will be left with excess skin on my tummy thighs and arms, I have searched he net for miracle cures but everyone says the same, once its stretched no amount of exercise will make it go back!
if it was just my tummy I could probably deal with that but my arms and thighs are harder to hide in the summer or even winter, wearing a swimsuit is a no no unless they will allow me to wear shorts too,

And the photos are brill but I think that you've gone too far I can see your ribs on the last one

Lol, love that !!!!

Lynne x

Mickie would you have the skin removed?

I won't lie, if someone came up to me and said "You've done fantastic, I'll give you the op" I wouldn't say no. But, realisticaly, I won't be able to afford it, well, I probably could, but I'd sooner spend the money on a family holiday. And I won't ever reach the criteria of the NHS now.

Sarah i'm not sure if you've ever heard me say this before but before my surgery i sat chatting with my 23 yr old son and he asked me about the excess skin, my response was ''i've already got excess skin, it's just full of fat, nobody ever died of having excess skin''... I won't lie, i have about another 3 1/2 stone to get to where i'd like to be (although i'd be happy with 2) and already have the skin starting around the inner thighs, arms etc. However i'll just dress accordingly.

Msunique? I wear lycra shorts when doing my aquafit and nobody has ever told me i can't. If they did i'd not go and cancel my gym membership, sorted :) xx

I enquired at my gym and they said people wear shorts and tshirts swimming so just ask at your pool.

Back