• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Outcome of my hospital visit today

BlueDiamond

Hello Guys and Gals

Hope everyone is doing well ;)

Well I had my barium meal/swallow today and I am glad too report that all is ok and the surgeon told me he is very pleased with me and how I am progressing since I had my port resighted in sept 2010. I have lost a total of 31lbs since september and too say I am over the moon is an understatement, I had a consultation with the dietician at the same time and she couldnt believe how well I been doing and asked the usual questions about portion sizes and fluid intake etc. When I was under x ray and had that awful white stuff (yuck,lol) he said that the fluid was flowing a little too fast for his liking and I did end up having a small tweak of 0.2mils so I now have 4.6 mils in my band.

I was told that now that if anyone has any trouble with any weight loss surgery/aftercare etc there is now someone there 24/7 and no need to go through A & E and they can deal with me elsewhere ( which is nice to know) but the best part about today was I dont need too have port resighted again ( as last time he tried too fill he did say that there was a chance of that happening as my port had turned) but alas he did it ok no problems.

I was rather shocked when he mentioned too me about my overhang ( not embarrassed shocked) was just shocked he mentioned it because he said I would qualify for a apronectomy (tummy tuck) or how ever u spell it lol ) and he said my BMI has too be below 30 too qualify :eek::eek::eek: he said my BMI @ present is 32.6 so needless too say I dont need much to get below 30 . He did how ever say I would have too go via GP BUT he would give me a covering letter for my GP to support my case for t/t with pct, I know its not guaranteed but still nice too know I got his support. I kinda felt in awe really as I spoke to a few ladies there and they are not doing as well, they asked for my advice ( which was nice) as they couldnt believe I lost so much since Sept ( one woman lost 3lbs since her op in July :eek::eek:)and I offered them my telephone number for support, I am just glad my experience can help someone else ya know, dont cost nothing too share information like we do on here with all you lovely people. I spread the name of this forum like wildfire when I go too the hosp and tell everyone how lovely everyone is and the support is soooooooo bl**dy terrific and a fountain of knowledge that comes from here - Tbh guys and gals - I'd be lost without this site - Totally. Anyhows.....sorry for rambling on:p:p:p Hope everyone has a lovely weekend ( stayed the same weight wise, but tbh I done so well lately I aint bothered,lol) Thanks for listening ( you can your fingers out of your ears now) - Have a fab weekend - Bye for now - MeJulie xx

Fantastic post Julie. I have been following your progress and you are a great advert for the band - always so positive. I only hope I do as well.

tranquil x

Brilliant news Julie, you have done so well and no wonder they were pleased for you :D Its really good to have the docs support for getting a TT when you are ready too.....he sounds like a really good one! XX

Very well done Julie... a great read and so many points of information to help others too... so pleased for you and carry on your excellent work... I think you've done bloomin' marvellous! Love and hugs xxx

Hello Guys and Gals

Hope everyone is doing well ;)

Well I had my barium meal/swallow today and I am glad too report that all is ok and the surgeon told me he is very pleased with me and how I am progressing since I had my port resighted in sept 2010. I have lost a total of 31lbs since september and too say I am over the moon is an understatement, I had a consultation with the dietician at the same time and she couldnt believe how well I been doing and asked the usual questions about portion sizes and fluid intake etc. When I was under x ray and had that awful white stuff (yuck,lol) he said that the fluid was flowing a little too fast for his liking and I did end up having a small tweak of 0.2mils so I now have 4.6 mils in my band.

I was told that now that if anyone has any trouble with any weight loss surgery/aftercare etc there is now someone there 24/7 and no need to go through A & E and they can deal with me elsewhere ( which is nice to know) but the best part about today was I dont need too have port resighted again ( as last time he tried too fill he did say that there was a chance of that happening as my port had turned) but alas he did it ok no problems.

I was rather shocked when he mentioned too me about my overhang ( not embarrassed shocked) was just shocked he mentioned it because he said I would qualify for a apronectomy (tummy tuck) or how ever u spell it lol ) and he said my BMI has too be below 30 too qualify :eek::eek::eek: he said my BMI @ present is 32.6 so needless too say I dont need much to get below 30 . He did how ever say I would have too go via GP BUT he would give me a covering letter for my GP to support my case for t/t with pct, I know its not guaranteed but still nice too know I got his support. I kinda felt in awe really as I spoke to a few ladies there and they are not doing as well, they asked for my advice ( which was nice) as they couldnt believe I lost so much since Sept ( one woman lost 3lbs since her op in July :eek::eek:)and I offered them my telephone number for support, I am just glad my experience can help someone else ya know, dont cost nothing too share information like we do on here with all you lovely people. I spread the name of this forum like wildfire when I go too the hosp and tell everyone how lovely everyone is and the support is soooooooo bl**dy terrific and a fountain of knowledge that comes from here - Tbh guys and gals - I'd be lost without this site - Totally. Anyhows.....sorry for rambling on:p:p:p Hope everyone has a lovely weekend ( stayed the same weight wise, but tbh I done so well lately I aint bothered,lol) Thanks for listening ( you can your fingers out of your ears now) - Have a fab weekend - Bye for now - MeJulie xx

Such a positive post!! :0clapper: well done!!

well done julie, youve done really well. not far to go now. big hugs xxxx

Absolutley FANTASTIC NEWS xx

Hi Julie,
nice to hear that everything went ok. you have done really really well. Not too long to get a tummy tuck then? these time will flow by so quickly that next time when you look at yourself, you will see a brand new person in the mirror. All the best dear. hope you get to BMI below 30 very very soon. Big Hugs :D XX

Fantastic post Julie and I'm so pleased everything is going so well for you. You've worked so hard to make this work and you're a great advert for a band.
Well done.
Grace xxx

Back