• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Upate on my bandH

weeble

Wobbles
Hi

Some of you may remember that I posted about my failed fill and how the doctor int eh x ray clinic said the band was blocked.

Well I had my appointment at Salford Royal today. I was booked to see Mr Ammori but he had to operate in North Manchester so I saw the registrar instead.

First of all though I saw the dietician. He apologised for the number of cancelled appointments I had (five) and said he would have expected to have seen me at least five times since my operation. In fact I have only seen him once and that was last July.

He then told me that if the port needed replacing it would be a simple operation. However, he couldn't tell me how long it would be before it could be done.

He told me I could see the registrar and if I still wanted to see Mr Ammori I could wait as he was coming back after surgery.

Anyway, I saw the registrar and he read the notes and asked me a few questions and then said do you want me to have a go. I was really taken aback as it was the last thing I expected.

So I climbed on the bed and ten minutes later had another 2 mls in the band. I was so shocked - and believe me - he was very very pleased with himself.

So I know have 4mls in my band. And I found out I have an Allergan band. So here we go. The next stage of a long and difficult journey - I really hope I have some restriction this time.

Pleased it went well in the end! and you havent had to have your port replaced.

The allergen lapband seems to be the band of choice for the NHS. The port is stitched to your muscle wall and can move or flip. The band I have has a tissue anchored port.

Hopefully you will get some restriction now x

Hope very much that this gives you that much needed boost x You join us with the daily food and exercise log as soon as you like, or just hang out for the morale support x You know where to find us x

Back