• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain 2 hrs after eating

TessG

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can help.

I am 3 weeks post op. I had a sleeve. For the last 5 days or so I have been getting pains about 2 hours after eating that come in like a wave across my midriff and into my back. They really take my breath away. Have tried pain killers, deflatine, walking. I just can't shift the pain and it lasts for hours and hours. But seems to shift if I eat. This can't possibly be hunger (can it?) it is just so painful and keeps me up all night.

Any ideas on the cause and cure would be greatly appreciated.

It could be wind even though you say you tried deflatine. When it gets trapped its really painful, I dont think it would be hunger but if it carries on you should have a word with your team :D XX

Hope you get this sorted soon love..im pre op duck so cant advise xx

well it dont sound rite to me if its not trapped wind i,m not sure wot it is i have never experianced that i,m now 10 weeks post opp and also had a sleeve but to be honest i have never had any pain from day one i would get in touch with your team if i were you if it happens again to be on the safe side
regards steve

It probably is just trapped wind. Its just really painful. Always 2 hours after eating and I don't know how to shift it.

Moving about seems to be one of the best things for me, even if its just bending over....it helps move the wind or get someone to reb your back like a bay :D XX

hope your feeling better soon sweets tho i bet its just wind xx

it probably is just trapped wind, but just to be on the safe side, i would ring your team tomorrow, its not worth taking a chance on it being something else, and if it turns out to be just trapped wind, at least itll put your mind at rest. hugs xx

It sounds like trapped wind - I am pre-op but have experienced that in the past and even took myself off to A&E once because I thought I was having a heart attack - I know that with me it certain foods that trigger it - broccolli is a big one - maybe look at the things you are eating and cut things out then re-introduce them and see what triggers it xx

I am having something similar from time to time, and had it last night with a veangence. I suspect its wind, a reaction to pouch not liking certain food, eating too fast and not chewing enough.
But I'd say ring your team too, just to be on the safe side.
Grace xxx

With you saying it goes through to your back its making me think of gallstones. When i had gallstones it went through to my back. Go and get it checked out love. xxxxx

Back