• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain in shoulder after eating, help!

ldavidson84

Hi All,

I am about 2 months post op and eating a normal diet but after nearly every meal i eat i get a horrible pain in my left shoulder that lasts around 20-30 mins :( im in agony.
Its very similar to the wind pain after surgery.

Why am i getting this? And is it related to my eating? I do only get it after a meal.

Thanks x

It could be wind, especially as you say it feels like it did when you had it after your op.

Try and eat even slower and see if that helps. Ive never experienced it myself but Ive deflatine can help x

Thanks Mazza. I will try eating even slower, im finding it hard to slow down but if it will stop this pain, i will do anything.

Even when i am trying be slow at eating i still think im eating too fast.

I will keep the deflatine to hand also!

I concur with Maz defo wind pain hun, either ur eating too quick or even talking & eating can cause you too take in more air. Keep on the move and it should subside HTH Julie xxx

Im glad i have seen this post, I layed in bed the other night with a pain in my shoulder, so much that it was keeping me awake.

My wife said to me it could be wind, but id never heard of it before in the shoulder, so glad other people have shared there info.

I get this too! I have an appointment with my consultant next Monday and am going to mention it to him. I know I get it when I eat too much. A friend who's a nurse thinks it might be referred pain from pressure in the diaphragm, I'm not sure if it's wind or the band itself. Will let you know if I find anything out! x

Hi again, I mentioned it to the consultant and he said he thought it was caused when the pouch is full it touches the diaphragm causing referred pain in the shoulder. He didn't seem overly concerned, but agreed that eating smaller meals would prevent it! (now why hadn't I thought of that?!) :)

Back