• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need Advice Please - Horrendous Stomach Pain After Eating

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
Does anyone else get horrendous stomach pain after eating certain foods?

I've never experienced pain like it - It lasts from between 5 - 40 mins and I take strong pain killers and use the hottest water bottle I can stand, but even then, the pain is unbearable.

I get it right across my stomach and up into my chest, it also spreads around both sides and up my back.

Eventually, the pain subsides and then I usually do a couple of small burps, which sounds ridiculous but probably means it's related to wind pain???

Some of the foods are perhaps too sugary, i.e. ice cream and chocolate (I'm talking very small amounts here), but also tomatoes, lettuce and ham!

I have a problem with wind as I am physically unable to pass wind naturally (I have an ileostomy so no bottom burps for me anymore) and burping is painful if I try and make myself burp.

I have a diagnosed stomach problem - excess bile and a clockwise twist which is still big enough for an endoscope to pass through.

I take 3 metoclopramide and 2 omeprazole per day.

So, my question is this - has anyone else experienced this kind of excruciating pain and if so, what is the exact cause and what is the treatment please?

I'm desperate as this is happening almost everyday :(

that sounds truly terrible I wish I could help but touch wood ive been ok so far
I can only wish you better

Have you had your gall bladder removed - pain sounds like gallstones xx

No Nicola, I haven't. Does a gall bladder make your stomach bloat with the pain as I've noticed my knickers/trousers get very tight around my middle during the pain problem?

Oh my, I've just looked up Gallbladder problems and have put an 'X' next to all the ones I'm currently experiencing:

Below are common symptoms of gallbladder conditions:

• Severe abdominal pain X
  • Pain that may extend beneath the right shoulder blade or to the back X
  • Pain that worsens after eating a meal, particularly fatty or greasy foods X
  • Pain that feels dull, sharp, or crampy X
  • Pain that increases when you breathe in deeply
  • Chest pain X
  • Heartburn, indigestion, and excessive gas X
  • A feeling of fullness in the abdomen X
  • Vomiting, nausea, fever X
  • Shaking with chills X
  • Tenderness in the abdomen, particularly the right upper quadrant X
  • Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)
  • Stools of an unusual colour (often lighter, like clay) X

It's very common after wls. The pain is unbearable. Get to emergency doctor or if it gets very very bad a&e, you need to have an ultrasound scan and probably it removed xx hugs xx

Well, It's not my gall bladder - I had a scan and everything looks normal so they're suggesting it's stomach related...I'll have to bring it up at my appointment this month when I see the surgeon.

Back