• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain killers

fatnomoreclo

Hello all, just wanted to know what pain killers I could take I've had bad tummy lower back cramps for a couple if days am thinking maybe it's period time for me haven't had 1 for about 3 years due to PCOS & doc said they should return once I began losing weight (am 16 weeks post op lost 7 stone) for any pain I've had before I've been taking Calpol 6+ but it's not strong enough, can I take normal paracetamol 250mls x2. Also I think I have a small absess coming up on my tooth and will need antibiotics from the dentist are these safe to take? If it's not one thing it's another with me! Thanks all Clo x x

I would ring and ask at your docs or ring Nhs line good sound advice you can rely on, from people who know what they are talking bout xx good luck xx

chrisa said:
I would ring and ask at your docs or ring Nhs line good sound advice you can rely on, from people who know what they are talking bout xx good luck xx

Called my docs they didn't have a clue said I needed to contact my surgeons team I only have the number for his secretary didn't want to pester her. May try NHS direct. Thank you x x

I think that would be your best option get them rang they have access to surgeons who will know exactly what you will be able to take. good luck xx hope you get sorted xx

I have took normal paracetomol, I'm around 12 weeks post op. You only need liquid until you can manage solids and normal tablets. I had to half mine x

suzie290304 said:
I have took normal paracetomol, I'm around 12 weeks post op. You only need liquid until you can manage solids and normal tablets. I had to half mine x

Ooohhh that sounds good, well I've been taking forceval & there huge since they day I came out of hospital so I'm guess a paracetamol should be ok but am going to call the secretary tomorrow anyway thank you xx

chrisa said:
I think that would be your best option get them rang they have access to surgeons who will know exactly what you will be able to take. good luck xx hope you get sorted xx

Thank you so much x x

I had my op with Mr El-Hasani too! What a great man!! I was able to take 'proper' paracetamol tablets as soon as I was on solid food, 2 x 500mg is usual dose. Think we are supposed to avoid aspirin and ibuprofen though as they irritate the stomach.

Hope you feel better soon, a hot water bottle to cuddle up with is also pretty good I find:)

I used soluble paracetamol post-op and had no problems.
I prefer the soluble ones now to be honest because regular ones are like torpedos! :D

minxie said:
I had my op with Mr El-Hasani too! What a great man!! I was able to take 'proper' paracetamol tablets as soon as I was on solid food, 2 x 500mg is usual dose. Think we are supposed to avoid aspirin and ibuprofen though as they irritate the stomach.

Hope you feel better soon, a hot water bottle to cuddle up with is also pretty good I find:)

Oh that's great news thank you so much yes have been cuddling a hot water bottle lol xx

TracyBee said:
I used soluble paracetamol post-op and had no problems.
I prefer the soluble ones now to be honest because regular ones are like torpedos! :D

Lol the size of my vitamin is that size x

I find soluable paracetemol go right through so use the 500 caplets,much easier to swallow than the round ones.Dont forget you havnt had your throat made smaller!

Big an Bouncy said:
I find soluable paracetemol go right through so use the 500 caplets,much easier to swallow than the round ones.Dont forget you havnt had your throat made smaller!

Thank you x

Hi

I find that after taking Foceval I can take just about anything tablet wise which is good as soluable paracetamol tastes disgusting.

Also as said above don't take anything that's Asprin based which includes Ibuprofen and Diclofenac. Ever, although if you ever get prescribed them the Diclofenac suppositories are ok to take and do work.

If you have a tooth abscess make sure you dentist prescribes a strong enough dose of antibiotics, they have a habit of oly prescribing the minimum dose of ampicillin and 250mg is not enough, they and get them to give you 500mg, Septrin is also another good one for an abscess as is Floxacin, but watch that one it can make you quite Ill.

Good luck

Paul

Paul-H said:
Hi

I find that after taking Foceval I can take just about anything tablet wise which is good as soluable paracetamol tastes disgusting.

Also as said above don't take anything that's Asprin based which includes Ibuprofen and Diclofenac. Ever, although if you ever get prescribed them the Diclofenac suppositories are ok to take and do work.

If you have a tooth abscess make sure you dentist prescribes a strong enough dose of antibiotics, they have a habit of oly prescribing the minimum dose of ampicillin and 250mg is not enough, they and get them to give you 500mg, Septrin is also another good one for an abscess as is Floxacin, but watch that one it can make you quite Ill.

Good luck

Paul

Ohhh thanks for the info Paul gave the dentist tomorrow so will make sure he sorts it! Still haven't spoken to anyone regarding pain killers spoke to NHS direct they couldn't be sure & surgeons secretary never got back to me lol so am taking paracetamol x x

Back