• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

has anyone else experienced Excruciating pain around port

kargar

Hi all, I spent most of last night at A&E!!! for last 48 hours I have had increasing pain around my port just below my ribs. Last night someting happened and it felt like something had torn or popped and I've never experienced pain like it. They sent me home as did not know what it was and just to take pain killers and make apt with Dr in morning. This I did, and again she just gave me more pain killers. I managed to get hold of the surgeon who inserted the band and he thinks that one of the metal staples that holds the port to the muscle wall had probably torn and that i sould just rest. (I am due to see him in 2 weeks) He is happy to see me, but it's a good 3 hr trip to the hospital for me. I just wondered if anyone else had experienced something like this and if so what happened? I'm now worried I'll need another op, and I don't have the funds to pay for it. I can't even lie down as it hurts so much.

no not had anything like it but i hope you feel better after a few days rest if it a torn staple it gona be sore for a while yet if after a few days it no better you may have to make trip to see him

Karen when did you have your band put in?

You should be covered if it is within 30 days.

Hope you feel better soon, take care.

Sorry to hear of your troubles....did they not stitch the port to the muscle???

I have never heard of staples being used and why did the A&E not even xray the area?

Total madness and I hope you feel a little better soon.

I had my band fitted 30th Nov. The surgeon said they used metal clips to attach it.

At A&E the Dr almost refused to see me because I had the op privately! I think his immediate reaction was "another botched job overseas!!" I was so angry! But no one has taken an xray. The pain has eased a bit this morning, but I'm concerned it may happen again as this is the second time I have had this problem. I'm seeing Prof Hakim from the highgate hospital again on 26th so I know I can go thru all my concerns then, but 2 weeks is a long time when your worried.

Back