• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain left side under ribs moving up to my shoulder OUCH :(

Danielle <3

hello I am wondering if anyone has experienced this I have pain in my left side, moving up and down under my ribs and up to my shoulder. I can see my body moving and it is so painful. I am 9 days post op gastric bypass and suffered badly with the gas after surgery however I thought it had gone as i have been walking etc I wasn't sure if it still could be that a while after ?

Hi. I think it could be the gas still. I am 12 weeks post op and really suffered with trapped gas under my ribs an up to my shoulder but it didn't start till 8 days after surgery and lasted about 10 days. I walked around a lot and found one of those heat bags you put in microwave eased it. A little bit too hot for one of those tonight maybe.
If you feel it's more than gas and your concerned I would go seek medical advise. Hope it eases soon.

I had that pain for 3 weeks after surgery and realised I was eating too quickly. Once I slowed down, it has disappeared. Hope it goes for you soon, it's not nice :( xx

Thanks girls :) I think it is trapped gas, because today it has gone and it seems to worsen as the day goes on. I can see my side moving up and down, so I am assuming it is travelling about. Its bloody annoying and painful :( I am burping a lot more which is awful so I hope that calms down to, just have to remind myself that I am only 10 days post op and I am still healing. Thanks for ur reply x

Back