• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

'Stitch' on left hand side?

I know a number of people have mentioned a stitch type feeling/pain since their op but was wondering long it went on for? Every day since my bypass (only 5 days) I have had periods of time when I have a really uncomfortable feeling (only on the left) under my ribs. It doesn't correlate to eating (drinking) or moving or not moving and my lovely bariatric nurse says it is common and all part of the healing process. I was just curious as to how long I would have to deal with it for? Anyone else have any experience of this?

I've had it on and off for over two weeks now, it gets worse when I walk too. I've had a lot of swelling that side too. So you're not alone x

You only know its gone when you think one day I haven't felt it today. Thats what happens just dawns on ya that's not there any more sometimes from month to month you may feel it but its suppose to be a muscle thing. x

I asked about it 4 weeks post op as was still having pain. Consultant explained he'd done some internal stitching here. So it was literally stitches that hadn't dissolved yet. Within 2 further weeks the pain was gone.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I don't want to talk too soon but today has not been too bad at all ........... I hope it stays that way as thus far it is the only thing that is making me feel less than 100%

Back