• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain on empty stomach

nomadB

Hi guys,

I got my band on friday and so far recovery is good apart from one thing. When my stomach is empty i get the worst cramping pains imaginable, it even wakes me up! This seems to happen at regular 4 hour intervals, a bit like a newborn needing to be fed! Lol. At night, i'll get up and have 200ml of milk and that normally settles it. I was just wondering if this is normal and whether or not it will go away at some point? Can't see myself able to feed at these intervals for the rest of my life!

Thanks in advance xx

Thanks so much. It's gotten better at night now but i have to have milk before bed. And i get the wind as well! :)

Feels weird knowing i need to eat this often when i've been fighting my appetite for years! Haha

How's your band working for you?

xx

Yeah, i've been really struggling today and eventually caved and melted a few squares of dairy milk into some hot milk! Naughty but it tasted so good and counted my cals though.

I know that i have to work with the band. Glad that there is such a good support network on here. xxx

That's great that it suits you so well. Hope it works for me too, seems to be going ok so far. :)

I'm struggling with the liquid diet today, proper craving cheese! Think i may have an early night to stave it off. Tomorrow is a new day and all that!

Thanks for all your advice and support xxx

Back