• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stomach Pain

jaxx

I've been getting stomach pain on and off recently which is unusual for me. It's quite a sharp pain which radiates out to my back. It's quite high up just under my bust line and mostly to the left of centre. It hurts more if I stand up straight so I tend to slouch which eases it slightly. It seems to have nothing to do with whether i've eaten or not and the same with fluids. I've also been suffering from heartburn which again is unusual despite taking lansoprazole. I went to see my GP about the heartburn and he gave me Domperamide which does help slightly but not all the time.

I am a year and a half post op and would have thought things like this would have been over and done with. I see my surgical team on the 5th of September and of course will be mentioning it then. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas or whether it actually has anything to do with my bypass.

Possibly a hernia? Although I'd have thought they would hurt more when you slouch than when you stand up straight. Go get it checked out then you can stop worrying.

You should not wait until September you need this looked at now. Has your gal bladder been removed? There could be a number of reasons for this pain and none of them will go away on their own. Make an appointment with your GP ASAP keep a diary of when it happens, what you've eaten before it starts, time of day etc. Do not leave this hun x

I came home early from work today and went to see the out of hours doctor who didn't have a clue and gave me mebeverine. I shall be contacting my team tomorrow.

hi Jaxx, no ideas what it could be hun, apart from gallbladder, but I would contact your bariatric team if i were you x

I'm contacting my team today. The pain is less today but I still have some residual pain but I'm still going to take today off work as I didn't want to go into work and it flares again. Hopefully they'll have some ideas.

Good luck let us know you're ok, ok?

Pain has almost gone but i've not been able to get hold of my team yet, I might have better luck tomorrow. Just feeling very tired now.

Just to update, I saw a fourth doc on Monday who went through in detail everything that's happened who then said he's stumped. I finally managed to get hold of my team and have an appointment next Monday. Although the pain has now gone I still get some twinges and a sensation of pressure in the same place. That's it for now. Will update when something happens.

Back