• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain on sleeved stomach

Tules

Hello all,
I had my operation in February 2015. Had no problems at all but today woke up with pain in stomach. It's almost like the first days after the operation. My stomach feels clenched, sore to touch. The pain ( or discomfort) extends to under rib cage. Moving about... I have to take it easy.
It's like my stomach is bloated. I have not eaten anything out of ordinary last night, and have not eaten anything yet today. I just had cups of tea.

Has anyone had this? Hope did not burst something.... I eat everything, not large amounts but tummy is tolerant. Yesterday I had beef stir fry with rice, nuts, crumble, pate/biscuits, chocolate.
Any ideas?

Hi tules..that sounds unpleasent. Its very hard to offer any suggestion as it could literally be anything.
I would wait to see how the pain goes today but if it gets worse i would be more concerned and seek some professional advice. Its not something ive had so cannot be of much more use, sorry, but stick with fluids today and see if it passes. It could be over indulgence, acid, the list goes on im sure but were not here to self diagnose. I hope you feel better soon but if its no better tomorrow seek advice x

Tules. Unexplained tummy pain is always terrifying for WLS folks. I hope this settles but if not or if it becomes any more severe get yourself to A&E - hopefully it will pass xxx

Hi guys, thank you for your messages.
After2-3 days the pain eased and now gone. Strange, had nothing like it before. It was almost like the first week of post surgery pain. Thank you both of you lovely people.
Xx

Would it be worth emailing your surgeon Tules? Hopefully it's just one of those pains that because we've had surgery, we automatically assume all pains are associated with it! I know I've been a bit guilty of that in the past.

Hi Bear.
Yes you are right. Any pain we link to the operation but this was similar to post surgery pain.but the good news is that it cleared after a few days, thank you for your message.
Hope you are fine. Reading your posts so know you are a size 10, amazing. Well done.

Back