• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still have pain

tartanlady

I am 4 weeks post op today :)

What my query is is that I still in a fair amount of pain (had open bypass) across mid section where my waistline should eventually show up also just under rib cage on left had side.

Fed up with this liquid diet I know that much cant stomach the shakes been having soup and coffee mainly, prob will get told not drinking enough and dont know if its imagined or not but I feel hungry.

Any advice appreciated thanks

Hi Hun didnt want to read and run hopefully someone will be along with some sound advise hope your feeling better soon xx

Hi, I didn't have open surgery but did have a fair amount of tummy pain for about 8 weeks post op. I was told by my team that it was deep muscle trauma due to the amount of rough handling that happens during the op :eek:. I didn't think it would ever stop & it was worse when I tried to bend, but hey ... it did stop :D Guess they know what they are talking about after all, lol :rolleyes: Hope you are soon pain free too :) xx

i had a band by keyhole and to be honest couldn't lay on front for getting onto 4 or 5 months.....

we are all different and heal differently. I wouldn't worry till 6 months post op lol x x

i had open surgery 4 weeks ago for gall bladder removal and i am still struggling with pain across my tummy its a diagonal scar approx 9" long also had 3 keyholes first then they had to open and a drain was fitted as well, i am having trouble with what i wear luckily have gone back to large sloggies which help a little but anything with proper waistband etc really cuts across , i stopped taking pain killers quite quickly and was actually told off and to get back on them till its better :) i hope you feel better soon i know mine isnt bypass but just to let you know it seems to be usual effect xx keep taking the pills try to sip drinks and take care xx

Hi, I didn't have open surgery but did have a fair amount of tummy pain for about 8 weeks post op. I was told by my team that it was deep muscle trauma due to the amount of rough handling that happens during the op :eek:. I didn't think it would ever stop & it was worse when I tried to bend, but hey ... it did stop :D Guess they know what they are talking about after all, lol :rolleyes: Hope you are soon pain free too :) xx

Thought it would be trauma pain nice to know someone else thinks so too remember this happening after my heart bypass too so hopefully should go soonish lol

Thought it would be trauma pain nice to know someone else thinks so too remember this happening after my heart bypass too so hopefully should go soonish lol

Wow ... you have been through the mill :cry: Lets hope this is the last op for you & it changes your life for the better ... it certainly has for me :) xxx

Have u spoke to Tracie Lowe? Contact the team and mention it. No question insignificant. Unlikely to get Mr K or Mr M on phone but if u ring switchboard number 01922 721 172 ask them to bleep Ana Elshaw. She can advise u further and will get Mr K or M to call u. If it gets worse goto GP or A&E and get checked out.

Hi,
I had open bypass 4 weeks ago, still have some pain when moving especially if I've been static. It is muscle pain though. Also sneezing loads which doesn't help but the pain is getting better daily.

Hi tartanlady

So nice to see you back here posting again :) just wanted to offer a hug :hug99: and hope you feel better soon hun x

Back