• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain update....and the scan reveals....

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
GALLSTONES!!! Hundreds of them!

For people that don't know I've been having some really severe pain over the last 6 weeks and have been treating it as trapped wind. Some of you guys said you thought I should have it checked as it really sounded like gallstones. Thanks to everyone who gave advice as it turns out that's exactly what it was.

Very strange though as I was scanned back in May this year and had no gallstones whatsoever. Today when i went to the clinic the same guy scanned me again. He laughed at first and said, "Ah you're back. Didn't they believe me?" but couldn't believe his eyes when he saw what he saw. He said he's never seen anything like it before. My gallbladder is extremely enlarged and is half full with a layer of teeny tiny gallstones (that is almost like a sludge) and then about 15 - 20 formed stones (which are still small).

He said he'd heard of people developing gallstones after rapid weight loss but had never seen it himself. He even got out the old scans to compare them just to make sure he didn't miss anything before.

So there we go. Very strange indeed. Obviously the gall bladder has to come out now....my body is making them way to fast to do consider doing anything else.

Will keep you all informed.

Thanks again to those lovely people who put me on the right take. I'll stop taking the 'windeze' now :)

I'm glad they've found them. Now to get it sorted!

Aw gall stones are horrible I had them many years ago. Here's hoping you get them sorted soon hun xxxx

That's almost identical to what i had...the sludge and the stones...i still have mine in a jar! lol Hope you don't have to wait too long, it'll be great once they're out :)

That's almost identical to what i had...the sludge and the stones...i still have mine in a jar! lol Hope you don't have to wait too long, it'll be great once they're out :)

Oooh interesting! Was yours due to rapid weight loss too? How do you find processing fat now? Do you avoid high fat foods? I know we all try to do that anyway but my doc told me that even the tiny bit of fat that is in skimmed milk is enough to set it off for some people! I'm really careful about what i choose now but beginning to wonder what will happen after.

Any advice will be great.

Mine was from rapid weight loss on a vlcd...4 stone in as many months. Mine was set off from lots of things..dairy is the worst. Basically need to go as low fat as you can. once mine was out i had no further issues with eating anything.

Sorry to here about this love and i hope you have them removed soon. I had my gall bladder out years ago and i had my stones for years in a little jar, then one day i saw that they had crumbled. I think some one did it.......... yuck.....maybe a younger sibling, so i threw them away lol. xxx

Hi Lisa, only just seen ur post, awww.! I really feel for you I have a niece that has been also suffering with gallstones due to her at the time being pregnant they cld not do anything plus they said due to her pregnancy the pain wld not be as bad. ( pre- pregnancy her pain was horrendous almost uncontrollable pain) she has now had her baby & like you is having gall bladder removed..!
You take care, keep us posted pls..
Ps you look great..
I have my pre assesment this Tuesday I will mail you or call you if you wld like with my news ?
Hugs xx

Mine was from rapid weight loss on a vlcd...4 stone in as many months. Mine was set off from lots of things..dairy is the worst. Basically need to go as low fat as you can. once mine was out i had no further issues with eating anything.

Thanks! I can't believe you do something to help yourself become healthier and then something else happens. Oh well, hopefully it will be out soon.

Poor thing, I was on meds to help prevent gall stones but they were making me feel hideously sick. Hope you can get them sorted soon x

Hmmm...I wonder why some docs give meds and some don't. It seems that if it causes this many problems they should just whip it out at the time of the op. I suppose some docs do that too don't they?

Back