• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiya I'm new

zombielaurie

Hiya, Well i dont usually do all this but since none of my friends understand whats going on i need to speak to someone. I went to see a surgeon regarding my gallstones, as I need the gall bladder out in mega pain!! The surgeon then said he couldnt operate until i get my BMI down to 40 and now its 52.7 and he recommended (after speaking to the bariatric surgeon) that i would be eligible for the balloon as i'm 28 with gallstones, depression and sciatica but I have to go to the gp but having a major panic in case i get told no i cant have one eeeek

hi laurie, welcome to the group hun, i cant help u with the sleeve query as its not something im familiar with but im sure theres some guys who will know hunnie....wishing u luck xx

Hi, for what I know, the balloon is often used to help people reduce their weight to a level that makes surgery safer for them.

The balloon procedure is a temporary one and is fairly non evasive as you are not under general anaesthetic at the time and there is no incisions. For what I can remember, the balloon is in place for no more than 6 months.

So, it sounds a good option for you to be able to get your BMI down to a level where the gallstone operation can happen.

Best of luck.

Don't know about the balloon but gallstones I know that awful awful pain! I thought I was dying I got mine out when I was 23 pain is right up there with child birth! Infact maybe worse :( hope u get sorted soon x

Hiya I had Gallstones a while they are so painfull You poor thing. I dont know too much about it, but have read too that its a temp measure for six months/ I wish you luck and hope all goes wel.

Thank you both :) they are really bad was meant to have it out when i was lighter but op got cancelled then moved so fingers crossed i get it done soon xx

Yes to most of the above I personally touch wood have not got or had gallstones but my mam and sister did, and they are very painful, the baloon is a temp measure to help you loose weight for the op to be done safely, some ladies when I was in had a gastric bypass and had gall bladders removed. xx Good luck xx

:welcome:

Back