• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pain!

CHUCKY

hi again
Feeling better today which is good.
Went for walk and now my side is really huting again left of my cut(had open bypass 3 weeks ago) do you think its ok to walk or should i wait for pain to go.
Thanks in advance

If you are getting a lot of pain when you walk then i would have thought you were pushing yourself too much, i may be wrong but, if it were me, i would try and rest some more and do little bits of walking somewhere where i know i could sit down easily if needed.

Open bypass takes longer to heal than key hole so you may be not as healed as you may think just yet.

Just take it easy and rest up woman!!!

:) xxxxxxx

Hi, I had an open bypass in May. The left side was painful for me for sometime, and I still think I feel twinges now! 3 weeks is early days. I was told to walk each day, but certainly not over-do it. It takes longer for the internal wounds to heal - 9 weeks I think they told me. If in doubt contact the hospital that did the surgery and try to speak to the bariatric nurse.
Above all take it easy, this is really invasive surgery. x x

Please don't overdo it at this stage, there will be plenty of time to all the walking you want a little later on when your healed properly.

If the pain is very bad then I would get onto your bariatric team just to check it out and make sure its ok, other than that listen to your body and rest up when its needed.

Back