• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pain and time off

CHUCKY

hi all
I am 7 weeks post op and have developed the most horendus pain on right side of my scar had open surgery. ANy ideas what it could be?
Thanks
also been off work 7 weeks and still feel rough and tired do you think the doc will sign me off again or do you think i have had enough time off?

If you feel rough and unable to work then your GP will have to sign you off. Are you trying to do something little every day - even if its just a walk around the block? I would speak to the hospital about your pain just to check but could be wind.

give them a call julie just to be sure about the pain,might be a good day too as they will all be in clinic downstairs so easy to get hold off. xxx

Julie, its important that you dont return to work till you are ready... I was able to return at 4 1/2 weeks post op, but I had keyhole surgery and as I work flexi time I was able to do short days for the first couple of weeks. My job is sedentary as well so no fear of me overdoing it.

Get some pain relief for the pain and if it is worrying you, contact your surgical team.

Hopefully your employers are not going to be a problem, but you cant be sacked when off sick anyway.

Get thoroughly checked out at the docs, and take more time off of needed, esp after open surgery:eek:Hope you feel better soon x;)

Have you had a check up by your doctor since you've been having these pains? Do you know if you are anaemic, as this can make you feel quite rough? Would it be worth you talking to your bariatric team?

Rebirth

Back