• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain in my left side

Spikeyjaycee

Hi all. I had my bypass 3 weeks ago and have been feeling ok until today. I have a pain in my tummy - sort of to the left - not in my side but more middling. Would this be related to my bypass and perhaps stitching? Thanks for any help.

I'm five weeks post bypass and have experienced a few pains similar to what you describe. Sometimes its been trapped wind, sometimes drinking too much too quickly and putting pressure on my pouch, and one nasty episode with an escaped gall stone passing through my bile duct. If its shortlived its likely to be general post op niggles but if it doesn't go away get it checked out. I've talked to my GP and mentioned all the sensations i've had to check that they are all normal.
Hope you feel better soon

I had pain on the left side after the op, and the doc said it's cos that's where they did the first bigger incision:D:DIt will calm down as you heal hun x:D

I'm glad you posted this thread as I had pain in my left side (even went to see GP) which lingered on and off for several weeks but this last week it's eased. I think it's just a bit of residual pain whilst you're healing.

Hi all. I had my bypass 3 weeks ago and have been feeling ok until today. I have a pain in my tummy - sort of to the left - not in my side but more middling. Would this be related to my bypass and perhaps stitching? Thanks for any help.
hey Hun dont worry it will get better as i had really bad pain on my left side weeks now I'm nearly 7weeks i got no pain so it will get better.Take care,xx

I also had the pains in the left side I thought my staples were working there way out. Went Dr and I was very constipated which didnt help

I had a band and got similar pains, I think this is just residual healing from the larger of the many incisions...

But if you are worried it could be more than that do not hesitate to contact a doctor. No point worrying and its always best to check things out after major surgery, just in case.

Sorry LBD I rarely get a twinge over the port...like a sort of pulling but was told as body fat comes down the position can change a little...

As I said, if the pain is a real problem, get it checked out.

My surgeon said to me, pain is a warning sign, never ignore it, not after this kind of surgery.

Thanks everyone - I think I may have been overdoing it with the walking etc. Maybe my body's way of telling me to slow down. Also, now I've finally got rid of the period and the urine infection, perhaps now the operation pain is coming through?

Back